“I wish I could have stayed longer” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #9 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Montoursville, Pennsylvania
“I wish I could have stayed longer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The rooms were very quiet and the bed was very soft. Two nights I was there they had the managers welcome which was very nice. The shuttle service was amazing- for this reason alone I would stay at this hotel over and over again. The staff was always amazing no matter what time of day or how full the lobby was. Breakfast was packed but they had plenty of food and kept everything full.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Joelle A,
I am so glad that you enjoyed the shuttle service and manager’s reception. We want every guest to feel they received a great value and friendly service while staying with us. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband I stayed at the Hampton Inn Green Tree when we visited Pittsburgh because I cross-checked a deal on hotels.com with reviews on TripAdvisor. We were very happy with our choice for many reasons.

1) Great hospitality. The staff was excellent. They not only checked us in early, but they were very friendly and answered all of our questions about the area. They are so well-prepared for visitors they had pre-printed restaurant guides and pre-printed direction cards for movie theaters, neighborhoods in Pittsburgh, landmarks, etc. There is also a 24 hour coffee/tea/hot chocolate bar that is kept spotless. The hard candies in the glass jar on the front desk was a nice touch, too.

2) The rooms were great. For $101/night, I wasn't sure what we would get, but it was nice. It was clearly recently remodeled with new furniture, new fixtures in the bathroom, a minifridge, plenty of outlets, a love seat with 2 ottomen (ottomans??? Never had to make that plural before!), a space-saving rolling desk, a lapdesk, flatscreen TV with HBO and a very comfy bed.

3) Convenience. One of the reasons we chose this hotel was because of the shuttle service. It runs frequently and to the parts of the city most people want to see. My husband and I ended up driving around the city rather than taking the shuttle due to weather and the eclectic things we wanted to see and do, but it was nice knowing it was there. It's also in a great location - close to everything you'd want to do.

4) Breakfast buffet wasn't bad at all. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it there was something for everyone. Hot dishes, cold dishes, something for everyone. it's not breakfast at a 5 star restaurant, but it will get your day started off on a fully tummy.

My only quibble is the doors let a lot of sound through at times. We could hear a lot of talking in the hallway. Also, we had a room that adjoined the one next door; although we obviously kept the door closed and locked, we could still hear the conversations sometimes.

I wold definitely stay here again! Great job, Hampton Inn Green Tree!!!

Room Tip: People traveling with animals usually stay on the first floor, so keep that in mind when you are req...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Heedybeedy,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us! I want every guest to leave as satisfied as you were. I look forward you seeing you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff, comfortable beds, clean roads. Close to freeway, but rooms were not noisy. We had to travel quite a distance for an evening meal. Breakfast at the hotel was very busy, we had to sit on the reception sofas.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Penny E,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hampton Inn Greentree with us! We want all of our guest to enjoy clean, comfortable rooms and friendly service. I am glad we were able to deliver! We are in the process of preparing for a lobby renovation that will add seating to accommodate those busy mornings. We hope to see you again soon!
Hurricane, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Great Hampton Inn. Location is close to interstate, and within short driving distance to resturants, shopping, and downtown. No resturants or shopping within walking distance. Very nice pool area for. Rooms are very clean and updated. Free WIFI, is a plus. Breakfast was very good. Nice staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
AD_Hale4,
Thanks for choosing the Hampton Inn Greentree for your visit to Pittsburgh! I am glad that you liked the location of our hotel, and enjoyed a clean and comfortable room while you were here. We hope to see you again soon!
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We spent two nights and loved it. The breakfast was great. I loved the shuttle service to and from Pittsburgh. The girls behind the desk were amazingly friendly but not fake. Both nights we were there,Tuesday and Wednesday, they had a happy hour at the hotel and provided hot dogs, soft pretzels, chips, wine, soda and beer for free.

Room Tip: during the summer they have a dampness issue on the first floor during very humid weather. The room...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Nigel257,
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am glad you were able to take advantage of all of the great amenities we offer our guests! We want all of our guests to experience friendly service and a great value. We hope to see you again soon!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The half-way spot on a 3000 mile road trip, we arrived exhausted after a wreck on the Turnpike delayed our travel by hours. Curious to explore the city further, we decided to extend our stay by 3 additional days; however, we'd made an online reservation, months before, for just a single night. As the property was really booked up, they didn't have much available for our desired room type. But Amy D., the assistant GM--hers in the only hotel employee business card I retained on our entire trip-- just jumped through hoops to accommodate our last minute extension. Which was complicated due to a 'regular' who was arriving soon and apparently always requests our exact room number! It was beyond impressive how she somehow honored this other guest's request yet made switching us, mid-stay to another room, so very seamless. If only all hotels had an Amy.

The property is, by my Dallas standards, kinda off the beaten path. But it turned out to be a short drive into the city; as I hate driving at night in unfamiliar places, the complimentary shuttle service proved prompt and convenient.

The rooms were spotless. The furnishings were clean, everything worked properly, and I slept like a baby on a divine mattress and super clean linens. The hallways were quiet (or the walls nice and thick) and we had zero problems with anything: a rarity for picky old me. When my hubby needed a certain kind of computer cable, he was allowed to sort through the many options they kept behind the front desk. Service w/ a smile.

Though I'm not a huge fan of hotel breakfast buffet-style offerings, the set up was tended to constantly and pretty yummy. We noticed when Amy wasn't with a customer, she'd walk out from behind the front desk and personally tidy the breakfast area-- a task usually delegated to a lower ranking employee. The superlative management skills of higher ups means the trickle down effect benefits every aspect of this hotel. I'm a sucker for the dying art of customer service and a good old fashioned work ethic!

Parking fills up fast and so we had to hike a bit further than I prefer, but this is about my only gripe--a very small one.

On check out, a cheaper weekend rate was honored for all our additional weekday nights. Pretty sweet! And a nice way to end our time there.

Take heed all you upscale properties, this suburban business class hotel could give you a run for your money at a fraction of the price. An incredibly pleasant, clean, quiet stay w/ accommodating staff. We liked Pittsburgh so much--an opinion definitely aided by our positive experience here--that we're headed back soon. And we'll make a beeline to the Hampton Greentree.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Ella K,
Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am so glad that we were able to accommodate you while you enjoyed our city for an extra few days. Your review lets us know that all of the hard work our staff puts in is noticed by our guests. I want all of our guests to experience the same clean and comfortable rooms with friendly service that you did. Thanks again for the kind words, and we can’t wait to have you stay with us again!
Amy D
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We arrived late at night and we had to pay close attention to the directions to find it, but it was a great stay. BTW, the Hampton Inn directions said it was off exit 4, but it was clear as we got closer that it was going to be exit 67. A tiny sign indicated that this was "Old exit 4" We got the last room, on the first floor next to the exercise room, that they had that night and it completely comfortable and nice. They had a dehumidifier in the room instead of using air freshener - three cheers for that. My son wanted a sandwich even though it was late and the vending machine choices were terrific. Lovely bkfst with real fruit slices. Although it was a little hard to find, it is actually very convenient for the city and the airport. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
NYt0AZ,
I am glad to hear that we were “worth finding!” I am glad that you found hotel’s location convenient to downtown and the airport, and you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast. I look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree? Share your experiences!