“Another Pleasing Annual Visit and Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #8 of 54 hotels in Pittsburgh
Wyoming, Michigan
“Another Pleasing Annual Visit and Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We come every year to visit family and try to book a room here for we are never disappointed.Every time we have stayed at this Hampton Inn, it has been great. First of all the first thing on my "must list" is cleanliness of the room and they always deliver on this. The beds are comfy with quality linen and it is so nice to have those extra towels in the bathroom. The carpets are vacuumed thoroughly and the bathrooms are spotless. The breakfast in the morning was plentiful with many choices and everything was stocked in a timely manner----Greentree Hampton Inn...keep up the great work!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
ademilio, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
MichiganderMom,
It is so nice to hear that you enjoy our hotel enough to stay with us year after year. I will share your positive feed back with the rest of the staff. I am sure they will appericiate your taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to hosting you next time you are in Pittsburgh. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

This is a real good hotel and would really recommend this. Got at an average rate of 88$ per night. Had free parking and breakfast. Also had free internet. Had ample parking space too.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
ademilio, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
Sujith_ka,
I am glad that you enjoied your visit with us. It is our goal to offer a good value and great service. Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion of our property. Hope to see you again!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I choose this hotel because of the location - close to Pittsburgh. I also like Hampton Inns. Although the hotel is on the other side of Pittsburgh, meaning that driving from the east meant driving through Pittsburgh, it offered what other area hotels did not - mainly shuttle service to the baseball field and other areas that were close to the hotel. We used the shuttle service to get to and from two baseball games. Not only was it convenient but it was on time and pleasant. The staff was awesome - when we requested extra toiletries, we received them quickly. I even learned that there is security watching the pool. That was a safe feature along with the locked hotel after a certain hour.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
jimmy0999,
Thank you for the positive review. It was a pleasure having you and your family stay with us. It is positive feedback like yours that make our job rewarding. I hope to see you again if you are in the Pittsburgh area.
Charleston, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

We spent 2 nights in this hotel. The room was pretty good size. There was enough room for 3 adults and a 2 year old to run around. The beds were comfortable but, the pillows were flat. Both comforters were dirty. The air unit and shower were very loud. I am a very light sleeper so this kept me up. I loved the lighting above the desk/closet area. It provided enough light to allow you to see at night. The breakfast was a pretty good mix. I would liked to have seen plain scrambled eggs instead of eggs ham and cheese. The potatoes were good. Getting to this hotel can be a bit tricky. It is well off the interstate, even though it is actually below it. It is also a bit of a drive from restaurants too. The staff is very friendly. They provided us with directions to some of the sites. Although their directions to the Pittsburgh Zoo needs updating. It does have a pool and it looked pretty clean, but since it was in the 60's and 70's, we skipped it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
ademilio, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, June 19, 2011
WVUgirl2005,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We always are welcome to suggestions that will enhance our guest's experience. We will now serve a choice of plain scrambled eggs along with the cheese and ham. I have also spoken with the housekeeping staff and they are checking all duvets for stains and are replacing pillows. I wish these issues would have been reported before you checked out so we could have provided a quality experience for you. If you are returning to the Pittsburgh area, I hope you will stay with us again!
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

No in-hotel pantry/store

Breakfast seemed like it was microwaved.

Drinks during the evening weren't the best either.

Rooms were old and stale.

This hotel definitely needs updating.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
ademilio, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
BenBoyd,
I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not live up to your expectations. Our complimentary breakfast items are all dictated by the Hampton Inn standards. Our complementary evening reception is not mandatory, but we enjoy giving our guests a place to gather and enjoy a drink and a snack without having to leave the hotel. Our rooms have the new Hampton Inn room package and were renovated within the past few years. Again I am sorry if the property was a disappointment to you, but we try to offer excellent service and a great value to our guests.
OHIO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

This place was about 10 mins from downtown. we chose it b/c it offered FREE shuttle service to to all the hot spots and free parking. The drives were so nice and helpful and really saved us a lot of money and stress of driving in a new city.
The rooms were ok ,nothing special and nothing bad, the beds were really comfy, room clean and flat screen tv...also free wi fi
This place is perfect if your looking for a nice place to crash while you visiting a new city with so much to do. Definetly will go back.
By the way the outdoor pool was not open so make sure you call the hotel if thats an amenity you want to use.
GREAT VALUE AND SERVICE, things you dont see anymore.....

Room Tip: we stayed in room 203, used aaa discount
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Hamptongreentreegm, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Jessbess808,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive experience. Our staff strives to give every guest an enjoyable experience. I am glad to report that after a very cool and rainy spring, out outdoor pool is open for use. I hope if your travels bring you through Pittsburgh again you will get to enjoy it!
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

I came to Pittsburgh to run the Pittsburgh Marathon. It was a big weekend for me as it was my first marathon. I was nervous about the event and had a long 7 hour drive getting there. When I checked in the staff was absolutely wonderful. They were quick, efficient, and extremely friendly. Sometimes when you check in to a hotel it takes forever while they make photo copies of your ID and have you sign 8,000 places. It was nice being able to be in and out of the check in desk in a matter of minutes. Each time I passed through the lobby whoever was working the desk made it a point to acknowledge me and greet me. It's such a small thing but it really makes a difference.

I was feeling a little rough after the marathon. My legs hurt and honestly, I was having a difficult time just walking. I travel with a 19 year old dog so my partner ran ahead to go get the little guy out of the hotel room and take him out to the bathroom. That left me making the long grueling walk in by myself. One of the Hampton employees was on break and came rushing to open the side door for me so I wouldn't have to walk about the front of the hotel. When I approached the front desk with my medal around my neck the folks working the desk all cheered and congratulated me. It made me feel like a million bucks. It was a simple act of kindness on their part but it really helped me at time when I was positively hurting.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
ademilio, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
RareAthlete,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. It is guests like you that make it worth it at the end of the day. I am glad the staff was able to a part of your great experience in Pittsburgh. We hope to see you with another medal next year!

Been to Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree? Share your experiences!