“Lovely Weekend Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Parador Inn of Pittsburgh

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pittsburgh
The Parador Inn of Pittsburgh
939 Western Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15233   |
Pittsburgh, PA
“Lovely Weekend Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had yet another great weekend getaway at the Parador Inn. Our room was very comfortable, with a great gas fireplace that kept the room toasty while we watched a movie. Our yummy breakfasts including tasty bread, savory bacon (perfectly prepared) and some traditional Costa Rican fare. Ed also steered us towards some lovely local eateries to enjoy. The Parador has become our go-to weekend getaway destination, and we look forward to our next visit. We also enjoy the chance to play the steel drum on the first floor! :-)

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Warren
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was our first stay at a B&B. We had a totally great experience. The ambiance of the entire setting is just wonderful. I can not say one bad word about anything. Ed is a gracious host and a great conversationalist. (His dogs are pretty cool too!) Our stay was a last minute decision and I couldn't have been more pleased. An easy walk to the casino, football & baseball stadiums, and the transit into town. Only a $8 cab ride from Station Square. We will be back again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Buffalo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Ed gave us great advice about local restaurants, attractions and tips about directions. Great breakfasts. Convenient to the Aviary and Mexican War Streets and not far from Downtown Pittsburgh. Well worth the stay. Free off street parking.

• Stayed January 2013
Clermont, Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Enjoyed the unique property and location while staying for 1 night between Christmas and New Year's Eve. One suggestion to the Innkeeper is to be careful what he says on the blog on his website. He has a listed Blizzard Special on his website without the detail and disclaimers surrounding this offer. Drawing from my own business experience, communicating clearly and honestly with potential customers and working to exceed guest expectations is what drives repeat business and referrals (the life blood of any business). I do not believe calling guests out on the business website blog is really a recipe for success in the long run.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
theparadorinn, Owner at The Parador Inn of Pittsburgh, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Actually, the rant I made on my January 2 blog had nothing to do with this guest. I know who it was; they booked the same day and visited for one night, December 27. They requested the Blizzard Special and I told them that special was only available the day of a snow storm. They arrived, seemed to have a nice time and left nice comments on their in-room guest comment card.

On January 2, I had a phone call in the morning from a lady that wanted to book one night, January 5 and she wanted to apply the Blizzard Special to it. When I told her that special was only valid when booking the same day as a snow fall, she decided not to book. Later, I had a phone call and the guest wanted to know how much my "cheapest room" was. I was slow that evening and offered a room for $100 ($50 off). They asked if that was my cheapest room and when I replied yes, they opted not to book. Hence me venting my frustration in that day's blog.

I don't know how much clearer I can be with my Blizzard Special. On my Specials page on my web site it says "Blizzard Special 50% off rooms bookd the day of a snow storm for that night." We are all tired of the big ad companies twisting the truth trying to get our dollars. I've worked corporate hotels and am used to seeing those $79 rooms they advertise that have the view of the dumpster area, then there's the $25 parking fee, there's an up-charge for a king bed over a full, there's the service fee for this amenity and that. My pricing, my specials are all upfront and there are no hidden fees.

I appologize to this guest, I really shouldn't let frustration enter my blog.
ed
Brunswick, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I NEVER want to stay in a hotel again! What an awesome weekend with great hospitality! The decor of the room that we stayed in was top notch! I loved the baked oatmeal and french toast along with the fresh fruit parfaits! Overall I'd give it an A+++ If you are ever thinking about going to Pittsburgh please stay here! Many rooms to choose from along with warm and cozy family/living rooms to chill, play games, or eat and read!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BURPENGARY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We just loved the Parador Inn. Ed was the perfect host and was full of information but was extremely conscious of not being intrusive. Dee was there when we arrived and was one of the nicest people we met on our whole trip. She and Ed make a great team. The house was magnificent and we loved all of the quirky touches. We especially loved the steel drum in the parlour. Breakfast was a nice change and certainly fuelled the day's activities. The room was had was the Lady Palm and it blew us away. Two massive rooms with a bathroom in the middle. It was our son's favourite room for the whole trip. Comfy bed, plenty of room.would stay at the Parador Inn again in a heartbeat. Thanks Ed and Dee and the stars of the show Razor & RJ. Steve,Toni & Jack, Burpengary Australia

Room Tip: Lady Palm is amazing value for a family
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I spent three nights at the Parador on an anniversary weekend. We were completely satisfied. We had originally scheduled for the weekend before, but we lost our power during Hurricane Sandy and didn't want to leave before it came back. Ed (the proprietor) was happy to allow us to reschedule, as we were able to meet the required notification deadline of one day prior to the original arrival.
Ed was welcoming and provided advice on where to eat, how to get around, and what to see. The room was large, warm and comfortable, with a great bed. Each excellent breakfast started with a yogurt parfait and homemade sweet bread, followed by bacon and a main dish such as french bread. Also OJ, coffee, and tea. The Inn has complimentary WiFi as well. The location is close to several restaurants, including a great Thai place (Nicky's Thai Kitchen). It's also about 2-3 blocks from the T (light rail transit) station at Heinz Field, so it's an easy trip to Downtown and beyond.
When we return to Pittsburgh, the Parador will be our first choice.

Room Tip: The Bougainvillea room is a 2nd floor sitting room and 3rd floor bedroom and bathroom. Quiet and pr...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Parador Inn of Pittsburgh? Share your experiences!