“Comfortable and eclectic B and B” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Parador Inn of Pittsburgh

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pittsburgh
Prices are for rooms, adults
The Parador Inn of Pittsburgh
Save Saved
You added The Parador Inn of Pittsburgh to your Saves list
939 Western Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15233   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Pittsburgh B&B and Inns
Buffalo
“Comfortable and eclectic B and B”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Ed gave us great advice about local restaurants, attractions and tips about directions. Great breakfasts. Convenient to the Aviary and Mexican War Streets and not far from Downtown Pittsburgh. Well worth the stay. Free off street parking.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Clermont, Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Enjoyed the unique property and location while staying for 1 night between Christmas and New Year's Eve. One suggestion to the Innkeeper is to be careful what he says on the blog on his website. He has a listed Blizzard Special on his website without the detail and disclaimers surrounding this offer. Drawing from my own business experience, communicating clearly and honestly with potential customers and working to exceed guest expectations is what drives repeat business and referrals (the life blood of any business). I do not believe calling guests out on the business website blog is really a recipe for success in the long run.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
theparadorinn, Owner at The Parador Inn of Pittsburgh, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Actually, the rant I made on my January 2 blog had nothing to do with this guest. I know who it was; they booked the same day and visited for one night, December 27. They requested the Blizzard Special and I told them that special was only available the day of a snow storm. They arrived, seemed to have a nice time and left nice comments on their in-room guest comment card.

On January 2, I had a phone call in the morning from a lady that wanted to book one night, January 5 and she wanted to apply the Blizzard Special to it. When I told her that special was only valid when booking the same day as a snow fall, she decided not to book. Later, I had a phone call and the guest wanted to know how much my "cheapest room" was. I was slow that evening and offered a room for $100 ($50 off). They asked if that was my cheapest room and when I replied yes, they opted not to book. Hence me venting my frustration in that day's blog.

I don't know how much clearer I can be with my Blizzard Special. On my Specials page on my web site it says "Blizzard Special 50% off rooms bookd the day of a snow storm for that night." We are all tired of the big ad companies twisting the truth trying to get our dollars. I've worked corporate hotels and am used to seeing those $79 rooms they advertise that have the view of the dumpster area, then there's the $25 parking fee, there's an up-charge for a king bed over a full, there's the service fee for this amenity and that. My pricing, my specials are all upfront and there are no hidden fees.

I appologize to this guest, I really shouldn't let frustration enter my blog.
ed
Brunswick, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I NEVER want to stay in a hotel again! What an awesome weekend with great hospitality! The decor of the room that we stayed in was top notch! I loved the baked oatmeal and french toast along with the fresh fruit parfaits! Overall I'd give it an A+++ If you are ever thinking about going to Pittsburgh please stay here! Many rooms to choose from along with warm and cozy family/living rooms to chill, play games, or eat and read!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BURPENGARY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We just loved the Parador Inn. Ed was the perfect host and was full of information but was extremely conscious of not being intrusive. Dee was there when we arrived and was one of the nicest people we met on our whole trip. She and Ed make a great team. The house was magnificent and we loved all of the quirky touches. We especially loved the steel drum in the parlour. Breakfast was a nice change and certainly fuelled the day's activities. The room was had was the Lady Palm and it blew us away. Two massive rooms with a bathroom in the middle. It was our son's favourite room for the whole trip. Comfy bed, plenty of room.would stay at the Parador Inn again in a heartbeat. Thanks Ed and Dee and the stars of the show Razor & RJ. Steve,Toni & Jack, Burpengary Australia

Room Tip: Lady Palm is amazing value for a family
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I spent three nights at the Parador on an anniversary weekend. We were completely satisfied. We had originally scheduled for the weekend before, but we lost our power during Hurricane Sandy and didn't want to leave before it came back. Ed (the proprietor) was happy to allow us to reschedule, as we were able to meet the required notification deadline of one day prior to the original arrival.
Ed was welcoming and provided advice on where to eat, how to get around, and what to see. The room was large, warm and comfortable, with a great bed. Each excellent breakfast started with a yogurt parfait and homemade sweet bread, followed by bacon and a main dish such as french bread. Also OJ, coffee, and tea. The Inn has complimentary WiFi as well. The location is close to several restaurants, including a great Thai place (Nicky's Thai Kitchen). It's also about 2-3 blocks from the T (light rail transit) station at Heinz Field, so it's an easy trip to Downtown and beyond.
When we return to Pittsburgh, the Parador will be our first choice.

Room Tip: The Bougainvillea room is a 2nd floor sitting room and 3rd floor bedroom and bathroom. Quiet and pr...
Gastonia, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My main goal when I chose the Parador Inn was to book something in walking distance to Heinz Field, as our trip centered around a Steelers game. I googled properties and read reviews and ultimately, the Parador seemed like it would be the best fit for us as far as amenities, location, cleanliness and value. I have to say it exceeded expectations in all categories! The Inn is absolutely breathtaking, with fabulous antiques everywhere. We stayed in Chenille, and it was spacious, impeccably clean and beautiful. The bed was super comfy and I can't tell you how much I loved cranking up the gas fireplace when we returned from our rainy, cold Steelers game! Breakfast was delicious and served individually and hot! I have to say that we thought Ed was the perfect host..none of the negatives that a few reviewers have posted about. I suppose all personalities just don't mesh sometimes. We found him to be very knowledgable about the area, but he doesn't force that knowledge on you..he clearly ASKS if you want suggestions! Actually, he is completely unobtrusive...I almost felt that we were in a completely private home, coming and going only on our schedule. As far as the creaky staircase, of course...the mansion IS 140 years old, after all. I think it adds to the charm and didn't find it annoying in the least. (But then again, I am not one of those reviewers who complain about sand in the elevator when staying at the beach, either!) I would definitey recommend this property and hope to stay again in the future! Lest I forget, the resident dogs, RJ and Razor, are completely well behaved and not allowed into the main part of the mansion(although I personally think they should be!)

boardman, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had a great time!!! Loved the house, so warm and inviting!!! The decor was beautiful, and the ceilings were beautiful!! Are room was very nice and the tub was great! Ed was very nice and we loved playing fetch with the dogs!!! Nice outside area with a fountain, we are smokers so it was nice to have a place to sit with coffee and enjoy the back yard. The area around the house was nice and clean, didn't feel nervous about walking around. Breakfast was very good, really liked the orange french toast!! We also met Dee, the housekeeper, she even turned the clocks back an hour for us,(daylight savings) and left a nice little note!! Would stay again!!!

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to The Parador Inn of Pittsburgh? Share your experiences!