“Visiting a Friend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Parador Inn of Pittsburgh

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pittsburgh
The Parador Inn of Pittsburgh
You added The Parador Inn of Pittsburgh to your Saves list
939 Western Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15233   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Pittsburgh B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Visiting a Friend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed for the 3rd time in this JEM of an inn. Our first visit was to be close to Heinz field. Since then we have been returning every year, not only for the Steelers but also to say a big hello to Ed (the owner). It is everything you can want, homey, lovely, clean, cozy, and most of all a home away from home. You definately don't feel like you are invading someones home like other bed and breakfasts. Food is great, hopitality great, stay is great, what more to say...all around perfect!

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful, since the rooms are not copy paste like other hotels, you can choose on...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chambly, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

It was our first stay at this very special inn. It should receive a trophy for the professionalism given by Ed and RJ. The entire inn has little special touches that are greatly appreciated and the rooms are spacious and clean. Breakfast isn't the plain jane that you get in big hotels, everything is homemade with love. This is the BEST! You even have free access to the YMCA for fitness and pool.

Room Tip: all the rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Millville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

We chose the Parador for our recent trip to Puttsburgh, we used InnFan and Trip Advisor to research the property. Upon arriving we were immediately impressed with the historic mansion. With a ring of the doorbell we were greeted by Ed, the owner and innkeeper. He was very pleasant and proudly showed up around the 8000 sq feet. The home is still in wonderful condition with most original floors are architectural details. We chose the original master bedroom, and it was very nice, the only downside is the Victorian bed creaked a bit, but that is to be expected. Ed, who creatively managed to marry the Victorian and Carribbean flair is successful. I highly recommend the Parador Inn as the location, hospitality and wonderful breakfast will offer a great treat!

• Stayed October 2012
Lisbon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We spent one night at the Parador Inn for our anniversary and I wish we could have stayed longer! The Inn is so beautiful and well kept. Ed the owner stays on the premises and is very knowledgeable about the Inn's history and surrounding areas. The Inn is located close to the Rivers Casino, Science Center, and many other attractions on the North Shore. We really enjoyed our stay, Thanks Ed we will return!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We spent 4 nights at the Parador Inn. Ed, the host, owner, inkeeper was warm, friendly and very helpful. His directions were right on and the restaurant recomendations were superb. The breakfasts were bountiful and delicious. Our room was clean, spacious and well appointed. As a bonus, the Inn was 3 blocks from the "T station" which made it easy for travel.

Room Tip: All rooms are upstairs. If you have a problem climbing steps, this is not the place to stay.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Right from the word go I loved this experience - Ed, the owner, was quick to respond to my email query and answer all my questions. He described the location well, and I had no trouble finding my way around from here - great location, close to public transport, which is just what I needed. The Inn is gorgeous, full of character, and the room was large, light and beautifully decorated, and super clean too. I loved the breakfasts, and appreciated all the little extras that Ed has built into people's stays here. I look forward to returning, and would recommend this place to anyone. Thanks Ed!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The Parador Inn is a very old Bed & Breakfast located on the "Northside" of Pittsburgh. It is walking distance to PNC Park, Heinz Field, The Rivers Casino and the T with free rail transportation to the downtown area.

The house (mansion) was built in 1870 and is filled with wondeful antiques. Ed, the owner, tries to add a Caribbean flair to his home. I think he fails, but not for lack of trying. It is just hard to bring the Caribbean to a 140 year old home in the Steel City.

There is much to love about the Parador Inn. The rooms are HUGE and moderately priced! Plus, Ed is always advertising specials! Each room has a mini-fridge, big bed and private bathroom. The rooms are spotlessly clean. The linens are soft and fresh. The bath towels are the biggest and softest I've experienced anywhere (including several Ritz Carlton properties). A made cleans the rooms daily.

Ed is extremely hospitable and offers several freebies he does not advertise. Complimentary soft drinks and bottled water in the kitchen for guests. A decanter of sherry in the parlor, if you want a nightcap before bed. Ed even did my laundry for me one day! No kidding! If you want dining options, ask Ed. He will suggest neighborhood gems that will really give you the flavor of this marvelous city.

There is a wondeful covered patio facing a beautiful garden for outdoor relaxation. It is here, I felt the closest to the Caribbean flair. Wicker furniture and paddle fans reminded me of my home in Florida. Spend some time here drinking the complimentary coffee before breakfast or sipping a cool drink before you head out to dinner. It was my favorite spot in the house.

Breakfast was healthy and interesting each morning. Juice, fruit parfait and a main course (oatmeal cakes, veggie quiche, orange french toast) each served with crispy bacon and a different fresh baked bread. If you have a hearty appetite, you may leave the table hungry, but I was always full.

Two downsides to the B & B. It is located in a transitional neighborhood. The B & B is on a nice street. BUT 5-6 blocks away is the "hood." I felt perfectly safe walking four blocks to the YMCA each morning to work out, however, I would not feel comfortable walking 3-4 blocks further.

Also: the stairs in this 140 year old house squeak. I mean like the stairs on The Munsters or Addams Family. LOUD! I am an early riser and felt guilty walking down three flights of stairs at 6:30am. I must've woken the guests on the second floor.

Summing up, if you like B & Bs, you will love the Parador Inn.

Room Tip: If you want suggestions about touring, dining, drinking etc.. Ask Ed. He has a wealth of knowledge a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Parador Inn of Pittsburgh? Share your experiences!