“A wonderful surprise!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   875 Greentree Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15220 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Parkway Center Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #25 of 56 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“A wonderful surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We travel to Pittsburgh and meet two couples annually. We reserved this hotel not realizing we had stayed in the same location 15 years ago. At that time we were not well satisfied with our visit. What an improvement. Location is great, quick easy access to Rte. 376. The entire place has been renovated and upgraded. Rooms were very quiet, no outside noise at all. Large breakfast area with a nice variety of choices. Large lobby with adequate seating. Every single staff member was friendly and pleasant and more than willing to help. Would recommend this place to all. We are looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: We had a corner room on the west side of the second floor and would love to have it again. Our frien...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Chad C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review. We are very proud of our renovations. We strive to ensure the highest quality of customer service and friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was waiting for an appointment at the office next door. I was able to enjoy their warm and inviting lobby and work on emails while I waited. After discovering that the company I was going to meet had moved their offices, I ran back to the Holiday Inn Express in a frazzled rush wondering if they could help me call a taxi to the nearby office complex where the company was. Front Desk Agent, Eva, politely let me know that Pittsburgh taxi cabs pretty much refuse short trips (mine was about 2 miles), so I asked if they had a courtesy shuttle. She asked if I was a guest and when I said no, seeing the desperation, she grabbed the shuttle keys and took me to the other office park without complaint.

Eva was a joy to talk to and is a wonderful example of true hospitality. She did not need to help me AT ALL, I wasn't even a guest of the hotel, however she went above and beyond to ensure I did not miss my scheduled appointment.

I know where I'll be staying when I'm back in the Pittsburgh area. Thank you, Eva!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Chad C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for the great review. We strive to ensure excellent customer service and am so glad to hear of your experience with Eva. Come by and stay with us sometime.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for three nights and loved it! All of the employees we came in contact with were very friendly! Always was greeted with a smile and asked how things were going. Got several suggestions on things to do and places to eat and all turned out great! The Free breakfast was pretty good and much better than most. Had a park with a playground across the street that would be great for families! Was easy to get to town and also had a shuttle that wax nice to use for the ball game!

Stayed April 2015
Chad C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and got the chance to use the amenities such as our free shuttle. It is nice to enjoy a walk through the park located across the street on your free time. I hope to see you again soon in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here a week while working in the area. This HI Express lives up the Express image, very nice, recently remodeled, and a very good value for the Pittsburgh area!
Oh yes, I love that automatic pan cake machine that makes for a great breakfast.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We are very proud of our renovations and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall we had a good experience. Room was as expected, definitely love having a fridge and microwave. Fitness area better than most. Breakfast was pretty good for free. My only complaint was that the pool area was pretty gross.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Chad C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for giving us your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed breakfast we apologize the pool area was not as clean so well I will notify the housekeeping manager so we can work on the issue. We hope to see you again in the near future
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a great stay here for two nights. The room was clean with no problems at all. We got a room right by the stairs, and we didn't hear a lot of noise. It seemed to be a very quiet hotel.

There is a Giant Eagle grocery store around the corner that you can walk to which is very useful. Breakfast area is very spacious, clean, and the breakfast is delicious. The indoor pool is not huge, but it’s very nice, and the workout room is also a bonus. Also, parking is free at the hotel.

The biggest plus is the free shuttle anywhere in town. The shuttle leaves on the hour (you have to let them know that you want a shuttle at the next upcoming hour) and will pick you up whenever you need it until 10:30 PM. Very convenient. You don’t have to worry about paying for parking or getting lost in the downtown area. Just call the shuttle!

Overall, I felt like I got a lot for my money. This hotel was great, and I would recommend it for anyone who is visiting the city.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The perfect place for our family. The facilities were clean, the bed and pillows just right. Nice pool and fitness facility.
What made this a 5 star stay was the staff. We had a car, but Greg said the hotel provided shuttle service to downtown, Mt. Washington, etc. on the hour. I was a little hesitant to use the shuttle because I really didn't want to wait for the next shuttle so he offered to give us a ride whenever we were ready to leave and to just give the hotel a call when we were ready to come back. Sure enough when we were ready to come back, Eva came to pick us up within 10 minutes of the call. Thanks Greg & Eva for making our visit to Mt. Washington so easy!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Chad C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a great review. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West? Share your experiences!