“Location is horrible and so was the front desk” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   875 Greentree Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15220 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Parkway Center Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #32 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Prince Frederick, Maryland
“Location is horrible and so was the front desk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I booked a reservation because I love IHG and I'm a platinum member. After driving for 5 hours I get to the hotel and I go to check in. I only have a prepaid credit card so I only have enough for the room on my card. The front desk attendant said that I needed the amount for the room plus $40 for incidentals. I offered to give incidentals in cash and she wouldn't accept that. I am a platinum member of the IHG rewards program. If there were ever an issues, every other IHG hotel was willing to work with me and be flexible. I left and told her I would not be back. I spent the entire week at the glorious Hampton Inn on Trumbull Dr. Yes, I did pay $30 more every night but it was worth being treated like I was welcome.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently stayed here for 3 days. I landed at the airport at 2pm thursday and called for a pick up. I reached the hotel and checked in. The lobby is comfortable and clean. My room was very nice and quiet. There isnt much in the area. I walked to the Giant Eagle nearby and loaded my fridge with my essentials. The driver also took my downtown and they offer pick up service until 11pm! My nieces came by to see me and they enjoyed the pool. The breakfast area was very good and clean as well. Front desk staff is very helpful and Id like to thank the driver for his help. I would stay again for sure! Great getaway from NY!

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
BWPCI, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a great review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My daughter and I visited Pittsburgh for a Steelers game which we #1 fans and we had selected this hotel because while it was another chain before we have always use it because of the location. But now being Holiday Inn Express it came beautiful and updated rooms, lobby and dinning area. The staff is so friendly and helpful. Room are clean, very comfortable toiletries are great quality and they also offer shuttle service with no hassle, drop off and pick up and easy and convenient specially when Steelers are home where it get very busy every where within the Pittsburgh. Forgot to mention that it also has and indoor pool very clean and an exercise room. I have to give (*****) five stars to this HIE and will definitely will be back for another visit to my loved Pittsburgh in May.

Room Tip: all rooms are great but the ones to the right (from outside of hotel) are facing the city
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Geneva, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Enjoy staying here whenever we visit our daughter. We were surprised to find out there is even a shuttle available to the Rivers Casino. The free breakfast is better than at most hotels. The location makes it very convenient to access the city and surrounding communities.

• Stayed November 2014
Dorset, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed here during our recent visit to watch the Steelers game. The staff is AMAZING, they are super friendly and would do anything for their guests. The free shuttle wasa highlight, it dropped you off and picked you up without any delay. Breakfast was good and the beds are so comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will be staying here again next year.

• Stayed November 2014
Brownsburg, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

This Holiday Inn Express advertises as being new, but it doesn't look like other new properties. Everything was clean and fresh, but the room was tiny. The bathroom was the smallest I've seen in an HIE, making it usable only by one person at a time. Hopefully this property was acquired from another chain and is not the direction HIE is going with the chain.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
BWPCI, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West, responded to this review, October 9, 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Pittsburgh and were able to visit the local eateries. We converted in December to a Holiday Inn Express and are very proud that we won an award. We have several room types some with tubs and others with showers along with several types of suites. Hopefully when you return to Pittsburgh we can find a more suitable room type for your needs.
Woodbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2014

Great location, shuttle service to downtown, close to airport, comfy beds, quite rooms, decent free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Rooms are clean and good size. Staff is friendly and helpful. If you are taking a shuttle to the game you must sign up for it. We will defiantly use this hotel if we return to Pittsburgh.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for you all your kind words about your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh West. And we pride ourselves on our service and shuttle to get all our guests safely to all the Steeler games. Hope to see you soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West? Share your experiences!