“Extensive beer list” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Smokin' Joe's
2001 East Carson Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203 (Southside Flats)
412-431-6757
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Extensive beer list”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

On a recent weekend trip to PGH, stopped in here for a beer before last call.

Beer selection is, of course, amazing: 60+ taps and 300+ beers = you can't go wrong. Did not have food, as it was right before last call. Barkeeps were nice enough, knowledgeably chatting us up about Boston sports (where I'm from).

Will definitely be back on a future trip to sample more of their extensive beer list.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I stopped in here on a Friday night and had a great time. They have a huge beer selection and I highly recommend getting a sampler. You get to pick 4 beers and the portions are huge. They also have drink specials every day. We ate the wings and while they weren't the best wings I have ever had, they were definitely in the top. The only suggestion I have is that the servers have more beer knowledge. With having that many beers available there are going to be people with questions. My husband asked what local beers they had since we are from out of town and wanted to try something local, but the server had no idea. Also when she sat down the beer sampler she had no idea which beers were which, so that kinda defeated the purpose. The service was good but they should be able to answer questions like that. Everything was very reasonably priced and you got a lot for your money. Overall it was a really great time and we would definitely come back!

Visited August 2012
Chesterfield, New Jersey
“Awesome bar with a lot of character”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

To be clear I am rating Joe's purely from my experience at the bar, I did not eat any of their food. The bar has a great selection of beer and compared to what I am used to it was dirt cheap (I live in NJ so Belgians at $10 a pop don't phase me). We ordered two high gravity IPAs and a mixed drink for one of the girls and the tab was $14. I was very impressed as they had a Victory beer that I had never even heard of (and my parents live close to their brewery) that was one of their "scratch" or trial beers that isn't openly available. Only complaint would be is that while they had a beer menu, there was no pricing on it at all. I like so many types of beer I usually like to troll the list and pick out the best beer for cost. At Joe's you don't need to worry about that here as all the beers seemed to be very reasonably price, but it be nice to have an idea of what you're going to spend before you order. The building its in used to be an old hotel and had a cool tin roof also had ceiling fans that were driven by connected belts. Just thought it had a really cool old vibe to it, though it had a tons of flat screens and also a few pool tables in back too. I wish we could have spent a lot more time here, but we had to run to a concert. If I ever go back to Pittsburgh this is the bar that I will return to.

Visited June 2012
Columbus Ohio
“wasn't what I thought it would be”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

My husband and I went here for dinner and drinks on a friday night. The hoagies were ok, a little dry. Onion rings and fried pickles were good. The waitress was really nice but didn't come back much.

Visited May 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
“great pulled pork”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

wife and i ended up goin into Smokin Joe's since there was a wait at Fat heads... They had a huge beer selection on tap..and menu looked good.. I thought there were too many IPAs'' i am a lager guy and the Bartender only offered sam adam's and yuengling.. so i had to go to a bottle...
We ordered pulled pork sliders and wings(hot honey garlic).. wings were very good and the sliders were great... pulled pork was very tasty! thanks

Visited April 2012