“Awesome bar with a lot of character” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Smokin' Joe's
2001 East Carson Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203 (Southside Flats)
412-431-6757
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #633 of 1,720 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Chesterfield, New Jersey
“Awesome bar with a lot of character”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

To be clear I am rating Joe's purely from my experience at the bar, I did not eat any of their food. The bar has a great selection of beer and compared to what I am used to it was dirt cheap (I live in NJ so Belgians at $10 a pop don't phase me). We ordered two high gravity IPAs and a mixed drink for one of the girls and the tab was $14. I was very impressed as they had a Victory beer that I had never even heard of (and my parents live close to their brewery) that was one of their "scratch" or trial beers that isn't openly available. Only complaint would be is that while they had a beer menu, there was no pricing on it at all. I like so many types of beer I usually like to troll the list and pick out the best beer for cost. At Joe's you don't need to worry about that here as all the beers seemed to be very reasonably price, but it be nice to have an idea of what you're going to spend before you order. The building its in used to be an old hotel and had a cool tin roof also had ceiling fans that were driven by connected belts. Just thought it had a really cool old vibe to it, though it had a tons of flat screens and also a few pool tables in back too. I wish we could have spent a lot more time here, but we had to run to a concert. If I ever go back to Pittsburgh this is the bar that I will return to.

Visited June 2012

Columbus Ohio
“wasn't what I thought it would be”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

My husband and I went here for dinner and drinks on a friday night. The hoagies were ok, a little dry. Onion rings and fried pickles were good. The waitress was really nice but didn't come back much.

Visited May 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
“great pulled pork”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

wife and i ended up goin into Smokin Joe's since there was a wait at Fat heads... They had a huge beer selection on tap..and menu looked good.. I thought there were too many IPAs'' i am a lager guy and the Bartender only offered sam adam's and yuengling.. so i had to go to a bottle...
We ordered pulled pork sliders and wings(hot honey garlic).. wings were very good and the sliders were great... pulled pork was very tasty! thanks

Visited April 2012
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“SouthSide neighborhood bar with excellent selection of draft beers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Looking for a place to grab some drafts and get a simple bite to eat, we stumbled across Smokin Joe's in the middle of the Southside on Carson St. Not really a restaurant and more a bar, this place isn't fancy, but has a huge selection of draft and bottled beer to choose from. Decent sized bar seating with about 15 additional table in the back. Plenty of TVs for catching games. Nice selection of bar food. We had the nachos, which were really good along with our beers. We ended up stopping in twice during out stay. A simple place to get a huge variety of beer, good bar food to do along with it, and catch a game.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“This is a great place to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Smokin' Joe's is one of my favorite bars in the South Side! They have so many beer choices and their food is great! I would definitely recommend the Pulled Pork Sliders, the Mac & Cheese, and the Parmesan & Garlic wings (Thursday nights are the night to go)! Mmmm Mmmm Mmm!

Visited February 2012