“Brunch - big and yummy.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eleven

Eleven
1150 Smallman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222-4206 (Strip District)
412-201-5656
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Eleven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,899 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Strip District
Cross street: 12th St.
New Jersey
“Brunch - big and yummy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went for a Sunday brunch this past weekend. Great prix fixe option for $25 including a cocktail, appetizer and entree. Too much food - and all very good. Great for a special occasion. Lovely place.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Standing Ovation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Eleven is the best restaurant I've experienced thus far. The atmosphere is superb, the service is fantastic, and the food is phenomenol! I can't believe I haven't come here sooner.

Instead of valet parking, we oped for the parking right across the street for $6. We were a little late arriving for our reservation, but no problem! The host offered to take my boyfriend's jacket and hang it up. He was given a number in order to redeem it at the end of the meal. We were seated right away. We sat in one of the smaller booths with the noisy kitchen on the other side of the wall. I wish we would have been seated in one of the larger booths, but it was no big deal. The waiter was at our table within minutes with fresh water, and ready to take our drink order. I ordered a blood orange mojito, which is basically a regular mojito with a couple pieces of "blood oranges" in it... It was pretty good, but I think they should just change the menu to show a regular mojito. Another person came around with 3 types of bread to choose from. I had the sea salt focaccia, and it was just okay. I'm not really a bread person per se, but it wasn't bad. I ordered the seafood tasting for my entree, and my boyfriend ordered the pork chop. The seafood tasting included medium rare salmon, two scallops, and a crab cake. The salmon was by far the best! Very juicy and fresh. The crab cake was very good (all meat, and breading only on the outside). The scallops were ok. That was the first time I've ever had them, so I can't compare. The seafood was on a bed of grits, and covered with cabbage slaw. I had a taste of my boyfriends pork chop, and it was also delicious! The kale and risotto that came with it left much to be desired. My boyfriend only ate the pork chop, and didn't eat the other items. The kale was decent in my opinion. For dessert I took home the "candy bar." I didn't get any ice cream (which is understandable since I took it home), but I would of liked to have the option for the ice cream. It was still very good without it FYI!

All in all, this is a very nice place, and the people that work there are very attentive. We will definitely be back to try more of the dishes!

• Visited April 2013
“fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Had dinner here on a Sunday night with a late seating... The food was very high quality... The service attentive without being overhanging... Decor subdued and modern...And the prices matched... Not a cheap evening by any stretch... I did the Chef's tasting menu including the wine pairings... My wife, black grouper... All of the food was well prepared and lovely in presentation... Staff was knowledgeable of the food and wine (and if unsure went and sought answers)...

• Visited March 2013
“Great Sunday Brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

A recent newspaper article on Sunday brunch locations gave us the idea to try Eleven. We ordered the Prix Fixe option which included an appetizer, entree and beverage. While this option was $25, we soon discovered it was too much food! We ordered a mimosa and bloody mary for our beverage but could have had juice. The coconut almond granola and grilled sticky appetizers were served in large portions and great tasting. Also tried the pastrami hash with poached egg and a mushroom, red pepper and goat cheese omelet. The serving sizes for the entrees were also large, flavorful and well presented. The appetizer prices are $9 and the entrees $15 and definitely enough without ordering the Prix Fixe option. We have previously been to Eleven for dinner and have enjoyed both meals and will definitely return. Valet parking is available and recommended for $5.

• Visited March 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“chef's tasting menu was spot on, service misses”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Very hip space near the convention center. Sat at the bar and had the chef's tasting menu and paired wines. Great food and wine, enjoyed each course, though the pasta and desert courses were superior. The bar is a nice mix of counter bar service and lounge. The service at the bar is efficient but not overly friendly, a bit of conversation would have made a big difference. The hostess and folks at the door could have said thank you or have a great evening, not sure why guest go unacknowledged after spending $125 per person.