“Personable, flexible and pleasant” 4 of 5 stars

Friendship Suites
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   301 Stratford Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15232   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stourport on Severn, United Kingdom
“Personable, flexible and pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was my fourth stay at the Friendship suites. We are not the typical visitors, taking 3 rooms and staying just for a few nights, but Robert makes us feel very welcome (even though we arrived far too early). The rooms are very comfortable and full of character, and it is great to have so much room. There are many excellent bars and restaurants within walking distance, and a classic diner for breakfast. We will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Palo Alto, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We got two bedroom suite for our 2 night stay. It was perfect; clean, well appointed, attractively remodeled, and convenient to the universities we were visting. The owner is very helpful and is available 24/7 should you need anything.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Rooms are an excellent value, clean and comfortable, with full kitchen including refrigerator. Dining options are available of all sorts within walking or short driving distance, including a Giant and Whole Foods supermarkets. A short distance from the universities, downtown and the Northside, all important for my purposes. Mr. Cox kindly upgraded my room when the option I requested turned out not to be available. For longer stays I can’t imagine a better choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was out third visit to Friendship Suites and it is a wonderful place to stay. It is convenient to everything and everyone we visit. The restaurants in the area are out of this world. Robert Cox is the besdt. He is available 24/7 if you need something. We will certainly stay there during our next visit and recommend it to our friends.

Sally

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reggio Emilia, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

It is the second time I pass two weeks in Pittsburgh in the last two years. Both times I stayed at Friendships Suites. In the really comfortable room that Mr Cox gave me I found all I needed to live alone. Like at my home! The three room apartment (the number 6) at 301 Stratford Avenue is really the best you can find without spend too much. I have to say that there is an adjoint value that you gain living in Friendship Suites...: Mr Cox! I case you need assistance or help, you may ask him! He will solve any problem, if you have one! I warmly suggest to choose a room there, if you need a room. In the very silent neighborhood you can find several markets to buy your food and the bus stop to go to downtown.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep in the morning, ask a room where the windows located in the upper part of the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My family and I stayed at the friendship suites so we could visit Carnegie Mellon. It is very convenient to the University. We happened to meet Mr. Cox on our way in and he gave us a wonderful restaurant recommendation that was walking distance (Sharp Edge Beer Emporium).

The larger space was booked for our visit, so Mr. Cox installed an extra cot bed in the 1 BR suite. The space was great, worked perfectly for the three of us, and we loved the convenient location.

I will definitely be returning to the Friendship Suites next time we come to Pittsburgh.

• Stayed March 2013
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I needed a place to stay for several weeks and wanted somewhere comfortable that would be like a 2nd home. The rooms are large and have everything you need. Many of the times I stay places you can see where they decided to save money and cut corners but this was the opposite! My room had a large flat screen tv, cable with tons of channels and leather couch with surrounding designer decor. They must have had a interior designer do each room. The wireless internet was fast enough to stream HD video in every room, which is odd typically I have to find just the right place to get a weak signal. I was also just minutes from where I needed to be downtown Pittsburgh which was convenient saving me money and time. This will be my first choice when I have to return to Pittsburgh!!

Room Tip: Mr. Cox will get you anything you need, suggest places to eat and knows the surrounding area very we...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Friendship Suites? Share your experiences!