“A very pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Kentucky
“A very pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I were on a cross country trip on the Lincoln Highway and we vowed to NOT eat a single meal in a chain restaurant and this was one of the stops that we made along the way. oFunky would be the best way to describe this place but it was outstanding. The square coffee cups made for a lot of fun and the staff was friendly, attentive and added to the experience. I had the "Green Eggs and Ham" with pesto and my wife had a veggie omelette. This was a very fun place to eat and the food was great too. Pretty noisy and lively but worth going to!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Good tasting food. Very noisy when busy and a tight squeeze for kid stuff stroller and kids. Go prepared that it is not like a restaurant with large booths for things. My table was very close to the one next to me so I could see up close the food they were eating and hear the conversation. But for me this did not detract from a good dining experience. Will be returning.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A New Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

A friend and I found the Square Cafe by accident while visiting the new Vanilla Cupcake shop location which is across the street. We decided to try one breakfast and one lunch item and share. The Lemon Ricotta Pancakes were terrific (I think that we got them with orange butter on the side) We also really enjoyed the Vegetable Wrap which was delicious. A nice bowl of fresh fruit made for the perfect brunch! We were so intrigued by all of the wonderful speciality milkshakes that we stopped back the next afternoon in the middle of some sightseeing to try one!I can't recall the name of it but it was Espresso, lavender, honey and white chocolate. Delicious!! The staff are excellent - helpful, kind and knowledgeable of all of their food and beverage items. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newark, Delaware
“One of our best meals in Pittsburgh - hands down!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I ate here upon the recommendation of a local friend. The food, the service and the atmosphere were simply wonderful! We came on a Friday morning around 9:30am and were able to get seated right away, although there was a line by the time we left and I know it really fills up on the weekends. All the drinks are served in square mugs which are available for purchase (I bought one!). I had the special which was orange marmalade french toast (to die for) and my husband had the chorizo omelet. If you are Pittsburgh, although it is a 10 minute drive from downtown, you MUST come here for breakfast! Note there is free one-hour parking available all along the streets surrounding the restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Clemente, California
“Wonderful place to eat brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I dined at the Square Cafe because we had purchased a Groupon. I did not exactly read the fine print, and ended up trying to use it at the wrong time. To my surprise, they were kind enough to allow us to do so, which really impressed me! I enjoyed my meal, the Creamy Chicken Crepes, and my husband (who is vegetarian) enjoyed his as well. I was also impressed with the list of specialty coffees. I ordered a chocolate/marshmallow coffee which was delicious. It is a very busy place, and I can see why! We will definitely go back.

• Visited June 2013