“Good lunch fare” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Allison Park, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good lunch fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Fresh, clean, wide variety of choices, made to order salads, hearty soups, burgers. I actually visited the Hello Bistro on Carson Street most recently, have also been to the Oakland location on Forbes where it can be hard to find a table during the week. If you don't mind walking up to place your order(this works well for the made to order salads with lots of fixins), the staff does deliver the hot food to your table and pick up the trays. Fries were excellent.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Gainesville, FL
“Fresh and Fast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

On a recent work-related trip to Pittsburgh, two colleagues and I had a short break and had a quick lunch at Hello Bistro. I really like the concept – salads (either “salads by them” or your choice of ingredients) and burgers/sandwiches. Two of us ordered the salads. I really enjoyed mine, the BBQ Chicken. The salad had a Romaine base, with chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, tortilla strips and a delicious citrus chipotle dressing. Lots of flavor, not overly dressed, and seemingly pretty healthy – I was very pleased. However, my colleague tried the Sunshine Wheatberry Salad, which she found to be quite flavorless. Our other colleague sampled the Gourmet Grilled Cheese, which she enjoyed. We also had one order of fries, and they were served hot and crisp. The freshly brewed iced tea was perfect.

At lunchtime the place was packed; we ended up with the last three seats at the counter. You place your order at the register, are given a number, and the server brings your food (very quickly in our case, even though it was BUSY). Drinks are self-service. Hello Bistro is a high energy place with salads and sandwiches that are decidedly better than fast food.

Visited April 2014
Utah
“Ok place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

They make good salads, which is not easy to find in Oakland. It's a fast food salad place, a bit expensive for what it is. I still can't get over the fact they don't use gloves...

Visited March 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Above average salad for above average price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

One of the few healthy options available in Oakland but be prepared to pay $8 for a salad. Can customize it any way you want though.

Visited December 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Just what we needed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

My 13 year old son and I were in the city just for the night. I wanted a salad, and he doesn't appreciate finer restaurants so when I saw the menu options, I thought that Hello Bistro would be a good place. I had a custom salad - I thought it a little weird that they chop everything up together, but I guess that is the trend these days, even Subway does it. My son had a burger, fries and a milkshake. His food took quite awhile to come out so I sat with my salad in front of me waiting. The bill was around $22.00. We were both satisfied. I would come back.

• Visited November 2013