“Lunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of 17th Street Cafe - CLOSED

17th Street Cafe
75 S 17th St, Pittsburgh, PA 15203 (Southside Flats)
+1 412-381-4566
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
West Mifflin, Pennsylvania, USA
“Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Nice little restaurant, I had German Ruben, its bit different than normally what I like eat. Overall nice place to eat in south side. Give lot of credit ownership for entrepreneur skills to open a place in Southside.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Bad Attitude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We called ahead and were told to come in and that our party of 7 would be seated quickly as the restaurant doesn't take reservations. We cancelled another reservation based on this advice to stay closer to home and proceeded to the 17th Street Cafe.
We arrived and were rudely told that our wait would be over 90 minutes were instructed to stand in a small designated area...designed to uncomfortably accommodate 2 people. We asked if we could leave a phone number and come back as we live 5 minutes from the restaurant and were told we had to wait in the anger zone and at that point we decided to exit stage right.
The food may be great but we were lied to and treated poorly based on misinformation provided by their staff. We will NOT be going back to this restaurant nor will be recommending it to our network of friends and coworkers. Not worth the mistreatment!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
york, pa
“Amazing menu, creative dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is a very small restaurant with a big menu. I have to admit, it's one of the few places where I really struggled with what to chose. So many interesting choices - lots of pasta dishes, several salmon choices. And that's before the waitress started with the specials of the day. I ended up going with the special - butternut squash with salmon chunks in the cider sauce. It was very good and something I would never have thought to put together. My husband had the lobster and crab ravioli off the menu which he really enjoyed. Both off us had the spinach salad with warm bacon dressing. Yum! I was also very pleased with the wines available by the glass and the waitress's offer to bring me a taste to try before I ordered. We were too full to partake of dessert, but the offerings looked wonderful. I should also say that listening in to the table next to ours, the gal was raving over the pasta pillows and another table was enjoying pumpkin spice martinis. (The tables are very close together, it's easy to see and hear what other people are enjoying). Our waitress was attentive, despite helping out behind the bar in addition to her serving duties.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

First visit. I've been in Pittsburgh nine years, and I never tried this restaurant. Great food, great service. Will go again.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

The food is amazing, service is great, you feel very welcomed as soon as you walk in the door. Plus they have a rewards card and always sending coupons.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere