“Yummy, but once is enough” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Primanti Brothers

Primanti Brothers
1832 E Carson St, Pittsburgh, PA 15203-1708 (Southside Flats)
(412) 381-2583
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #629 of 1,895 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Chicago, Illinois
“Yummy, but once is enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband has been dying to try one of these sandwiches since he saw them featured on TV. Lucky for him, we were traveling through Pittsburgh on our way home from vacation.

We enjoyed our sandwiches, especially my husband. But a one time experience was good enough, as it wouldn't be the healthiest habit to develop.

With slaw and fries packed into the sandwich, it's beyond filling. Though because the bread is on the soft side, I'd recommend eating the sandwich quickly as the slaw can make the bread a bit mushy.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Walbridge, Ohio
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The service we received was no where near what I had hoped for. The further along our meal went, the nicer they became. Nothing was explained to us. Even the questions we asked weren't answered in a way that made us understand what we were in for. The food was nothing like we expected or what their "menu" made it out to be. I asked for a side of fries, they said it came with fries, but never mentioned they were on my sandwich. I don't know if we were just out of our element or if they just assume that everyone knows who they are, but we definitely weren't impressed with any part of the experience.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Love me a Primanti, just not this one.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have grown up on Primanti Brothers, more specifically, the Primanti's in Market Square. Have always loved it, always will. However, while showing my fiance around the city for the first time the other day he wanted to stop at this location (It was St. Patricks Day.) So we go inside, and to get away from the crowd around the bar, we ask for a table in the loft section. One of the waitresses was somewhat accommodating, and didnt seem to mind too much. However, the waitress who ended up "waiting on us," was horrible! We literally had to go downstairs, pick up our order ourselves, and carry everything up to our table because the waitress felt put out by us sitting there. It was so ridiculous it was almost comical. My fiance's sandwich came with only one piece of bread, and the waitress was visible put out when he asked for another one. What!!! Even stranger, when we went to pay at the register, the same waitress asked if we "needed any change" when we handed her $40.00 on a $23.00 tab??? Of course we did tip her not wanting to be rude, but what we tipped her for I'm not quite sure. It was the worst Primanti experience ever. Definitely not the spot for a first timer.

Visited March 2013
Clairton, PA
“Over-the-Top Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Primanti Brothers has a nationwide reputation but its food doesn't impress me at all. I've never understood what is particularly appetizing about a sandwich stacked with french fries. Almost everything on their menu is pretty common, short-order fare and not very healthy. Primanti's basic concept seems to be that, if you just throw a bunch of different things together, the result is good. I disagree.

Visited August 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Talk about a Heart Attack on a plate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I really enjoy eating here and bringing out of town guest here to eat and drink. The food is great (Strip location) and the prices are very reasonable. if you're ever ion Pittsburgh, you gotta have a sandwich here.

Visited January 2013