“Disappointing Lunch @ Atria's in Pleasant Hills” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #354 of 1,899 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing Lunch @ Atria's in Pleasant Hills”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This review is for the recently opened Atria's in Pleasant Hills at the Bill Green Shopping Center.

Although we have never dined at any of the other Atria's restaurants at their other locations, we had high hopes for this restaurant. This was not necessarily due to any recommendations or reviews that we had received from either friends or family, but mainly because we were excited about the prospect of having another restaurant option nearby. However, after dining there this afternoon for lunch, we doubt that we will ever bother returning again.

My husband ordered the "Nonna's Sunday Pasta", and I ordered the "Chicken Marsala." We also both ordered a side salad, as well. First of all, the salad was very small, nothing to brag about, and certainly not worth the $3.50 each that we paid for it. Next, the portion of chicken in the Chicken Marsala was almost laughable, and although I realize that it was a luncheon portion, for $11.99, I think that they could have found a larger chicken breast than the one that was put on my plate. Most of all, though, the dish was tasteless and lacked any real flavor, which couldn't help make me wonder about the quality of the Marsala wine that was used in the sauce. It even had a slight aftertaste. Also, the quality of the sauce in Nonna's Sunday Pasta was also very mediocre, and here again, for the price of the dish, one would have expected a larger portion than what was served. Even the dinner rolls that accompanied our entree's were very tasteless and bland. Not only that, but the menu choices were very limited, as well.

Service was fine, but we apparently arrived at the restaurant when one of the servers was ready to finish her shift, so we were handed over to another server, who was certainly pleasant and accommodating enough, but she came to our table so many times that she actually started to become a bit annoying. I realize that it is better to have too much attention from a server, rather than too little, but just how many times do you have to tell someone that you have everything that you need.

Our tab for our meal was almost $37, plus the tip, which we both thought was rather excessive for lunch. However, if both the quality and the quantity of the food had been a lot better, then we wouldn't have felt so bad, but as it is, we truly felt as if we had thrown over $40 down the drain this afternoon. In conclusion, Atria's food certainly leaves a lot to be desired.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Decor doesn't make the food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Please note, this review is for the Pleasant Hills location where we dined. As you can see from my 2 out of 5 rating (poor), I/we were very very disappointed. Our dining experience was very poor because of our overall experience and a culmination of several misgivings, as well as, the lack of attention in addressing these shortcomings by the management staff after they asked us for our feedback regarding our dining experience. Please allow me to state the issues that attributed to our unpleasant experience. Our food was served cold (pasta dish, crab cakes, cheddar burger, & petite filets), my son's steak was ordered medium-well but was served charred black - serve two 4 oz. filets charred black and you don't have much tender filet to enjoy, the burger was seasoned poorly was far from the "Award Winning" burger they claimed it to be, the "Nanna's" pasta dish was a very small 4-6 oz portion - I never left my Nanna's hungry ! The service was terrible ! - refills were non-existant unless you asked, when pointing out our dinners were cold we were told the "kitchen is very busy tonight" - WHO CARES !! For what they charge, you can have a better dining experience else where. It is nicely decorated, but the food definitely did not meet my expectations. If I went back (lol), I would eat before I went and would probably just order a salad and bread.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Upscale Local Chain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

They have 5 or 6 locations around teh area including one at PNC Park (Nofield view). Have high quality incrediants in a traditional menu--steaks, pasta, grilled fish. Very airy layout with high ceilings and light

Visited October 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Environment - Mediocre Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had great hopes for Atria's when it opened in the North Hills of Pittsburgh. The building is wonderful and inviting. We even held our daughter's wedding shower there. The employees were great at both the shower and the three times we dined there for dinner. But, the food leaves something to be desired. A friend bought us a gift card to Atrias and there is still about $15 remaining on it. Yet, I cannot bring myself to use up the money because the food is so so or less.

Visited April 2012
“Nice ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We have been to two different locations. This is more of a better-than-average chain restaurant. The food and furniture are a step higher than say a Ruby Tuesday. Of course, it is a bit pricier. It is a nice change of pace.