“Thai Place isn't all that!” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thai Place Restaurant
5528 Walnut St, Pittsburgh, PA 15232-2312 (Shadyside)
412-687-8586
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #794 of 1,721 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Shadyside
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Thai Place isn't all that!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I heard some good buzz about this place so I thought I would try take out. It was ok but didn't live up to its reputation. I had shrimp (not enough for the price). I have had better in cheaper places. It did not live up to the hype and disappointed me. Many people like this place and all I can figure is they can't cook or were not raised on home cooking like me.

“Not quite Thai.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We were here several times - mixed reaction. It is not as good as the one in Bloomfield - just not the same quality and simplicity as is typical of authentic Thai food. Service was good.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Wexford one is top notch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I have always loved Thai food and this certainly was amazing! I have been here on multiple occasions and everytime my food has been superb. The service sometimes leaves a little to be wishing for but that is clearly made up in their excellent dishes and variety of the menu. I always like to think that I am going to try something new but always go back to "boring" pad thai.

If you are looking for authentic Thai food at a reasonable price and very generous portions (hello lunch tomorrow!) I highly recommend you try this place out.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Tasty food, service lame”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

The food here was good. Both my hubbie and I will go back. But the service was lame. Had to ask the waiter for water. And they didn't have the heat on so had to put on a jacket to warm up. Perhaps it was b/c we were the first to arrive, not sure. We've only been there once. Will give them another try.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Once was enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I'm not a huge fan of Thai food, but this was a disappointment. The food was bland and tasted a little old(?) and the service wasn't very good either. Besides that, I found it not to be a very comfortable or inviting atmosphere.

• Visited January 2011