“ok food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Vegetarian
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“ok food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Very Average Indian fare. Food was on the spicy side.

Visited July 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Is this the same place?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

My experience could not be more different from the reviews I read. Service was slow and unprofessional. Food was tepid and bland. We had 2 vegetarian dishes- both were so so. The nan was very good and that was the only thing I liked. I will not try it again.

Visited November 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Would eat there weekly if money was no object...not that it's expensive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I visit Pittsburgh monthly, and this is one of two or three places that no matter how much I try and tell myself to "branch out and try new things," I never go wrong here. I usually order the Chicken Korma, but I've also tried their Chicken Tikka Masala and some of their lamb dishes. The naan is killer. I always try and tell myself "Oh, I have that at home, I'll pop some of that frozen Trader Joe's stuff in the oven and save a few bucks." The freshness is just never comparable. I don't know how they do it. I usually order take out, but I was there once for the buffet and was not disappointed. Service is always prompt and friendly. Their mango lassi's are also better than most. I really don't see the point of going to any other Indian restaurant; they have the best, period.
P.S. They just remodeled. I doesn't change much as far as I'm concerned; they just did the exterior and its the food I care about, but it does look nice.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“A hidden treasure of Pittsburgh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Taste of India is delicious food and extremely polite and helpful service for VERY reasonable prices. Lunch buffet is an especially good deal ($7.95 for all you can eat, with a drink included!). I've heard people say that the place has trouble attracting customers because the outside is not very flashy, but they're renovating now, so hopefully more people will discover it. Though the newly renovated inside of the restaurant is beautiful, classy and comfortable, it's totally acceptable to come casually dressed. (People visiting children at Children's Hospital across the street eat there pretty often, I think.) Everyone I've ever taken with me or recommended the place to has loved it. The restaurant accommodates comfortably large and small parties alike. It's always clean and the employees are always very kind and professional. I've been a loyal customer for years now (and a poor college student), and they never let me leave without giving free drinks or desserts to me or the whole party if it's not too big. They're too kind! I wish them many kind customers forever!

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh
“Good Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We have done take out and eat in at this small and comfortable spot; thouroughly enjoyed it each time.

• Visited October 2011