“alla famiglia awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“alla famiglia awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Had dinner at alla famiglia for our 23 wedding anniversary. Needless to say it was awesome. I had there signature Veal Chop dinner, it was the best i ever had. My wife had a seafood medley, also outstanding . The wait staff was great very knowledgeable very helpful, very friendly.Its also BYOB which we love. you will not go home hungry.This was our first visit to Famiglia and we will definitely be going back.

• Visited May 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A Hidden Gem in the 'burgh.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

What a find! Once you get past the drive to this place and you turn your keys over to the correct valet (be certain that he's wearing a shirt with the name of the restaurant!), you walk through the front door and are swept to another time. The front area is intimate...a handful of tables and meals are prepared directly over the counter. The chefs all seem to enjoy what they are creating. Yes...creating! Jonathan Vlasic--owner and head chef--visited each table. Ohhh, I'm getting ahead of my story. My husband and I experienced such delightful, delicious, yummy (my mouth is watering as I recall the textures, the aromas) dishes. The wine...ahhh, the white wine was absolutely the best that I have had the pleasure to have. The Italian bread sliced to the perfect size was utilized to soak up some of the olive oil and herbs in a small dish. There was a small dish of cheeses...herbal butter...grated cheese. Ohhhh my! As an appitizer, we enjoyed stuffed banana peppers. Then, the salad...ahhhh, the way a sald ought to be made: textures, tastes, just enough dressing. The pasta dish had a tomato vodka sauce with spinach. And, we hadn't had our entrees! My husband enjoyed ribeye done to perfection. I enjoyed pork tenderloin that had been marinated in lavendar and herbs. Dessert was this delicious raspberry terimasu. He washed it down with a hot cup of freshly brewed black coffee, while I finished my wonderful glass of white wine. A birthday to remember. Oh, the waitress handed me a menu with my name printed on it wishing me a Happy Birthday!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Guaranteed Not To Disappoint!!! An Event in Dining!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant numerous times with our good friends and have always had a delightfully evening...the food always being wonderfully prepared and beautifully presented. This past Tuesday we attended a wine tasting paired with magnificent dishes! The fried mozzarella with pancetta, Pisello and roasted garlic started our evening off along with a delicious white wine introduced by the wine merchant, Mary. The evening continued with a house salad, pasta with vodka sauce, marinated pork tenderloin served with mushrooms and spinach, concluding with cannolis for dessert. Each course was preceded with a perfectly matched white or red wine. What a dining experience! The memory of the evening being relived through this review makes me hungry! Our service was top-notch! How lucky we are to live near a city that has a restaurant that can offer this fine-dining experience! Can't wait to return!!! Hope the wine tasting evening is repeated...not to be missed!

Morgantown, West Virginia
“great restaurant!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great meal with good friends and we brought our own wine which saved us significant money!!!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pa.
“Best restaurant in Pgh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I have been dining here for a few years and absolutely love it. I have never had a bad meal, but prefer to eat out during the week (anywhere) as I feel service and meals are better since it is less rushed/hectic pace. I have tried multiple apps and entrees. All are great. I don't mind paying for good food, especially when I always leave with a doggy bag. Portions are huge in addition to being perfectly prepared and deliciious. You can split a meal for like $15 and each person will get their own salad and pasta course. That is good for smaller appetites. BYOB is also a plus. Never had a problem with service: I had mentioned that I love mafalda and Chef Jonathan told me to tell that with my next reservation so he could have it for me. I also went a night where we weren't going directly home so my husband and I split a meal. He won't eat lamb and they had it for a special. I was told, next time you call for a reservation, let us know you would like lamb and we will make sure we have it for you. Another time, I wanted the coteletta del monzu which was no longer on the menu, but they made it for me. Also got a personal tour when renovations were taking place. It wasn't really busy and the chef had time to take us and show us the changes taking place.I have never had such great service. Of great note, Chef Jonathan has opened another restaurant in McMurray, Arlecchino Ristorante which is much closer to my home. I can't wait to try that too. I swear, you won't be disappointed with this place. Our dinners for 2 usually run ~ $130-$160, usually an app, 2 entrees, maybe dessert, and one mixed drink and one soft drink. They do have a nice selection of cheaper and still perfect dinner selections as well.

• Visited December 2011