“Sunday Brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lidia's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 1,720 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cross street: 15th Street
not Pittsburgh
“Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Two of us went for Sunday brunch as it's one of those things you have to do.
We enjoyed ourselves and were very satisfied with the service and the meal.
Food selections were more than adequate at the antipasti table as well as the dessert table.
My wife had gnocchi and I had the special of the day which was yellow fin tuna. We decided against the pasta trio, seemingly a favorite,because we watched as that selection was served at a table close by and we didn't think that either of us could eat that much food. Great choice if you are really hungry.
Drinks included with the brunch. Warm breads with the meal. All round great time for us.
Next time we'll be back for dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Lexington, Kentucky
“I'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My Italian father loves watching Lidia's show, so I thought I'd try this restaurant. I'm glad I did. It was a wonderful dining experience. I tried the pasta trio with a salad and dessert included in the price and for 35 bucks, it was a steal! The freshly prepared pasta selections were all very different and complex but filling as well as satisfying. The atmosphere was not too loud as this is a large space and sound seems to dissipate well. The service was complete and I have no complaints with the staff. Everyone was attentive and prompt. I will definitely return to Lidia's and next time I'll bring my father.

Visited June 2014
Houston, Texas
“Average to Good. Not very good or excellent.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Monday eve, they offered a special dinner deal for $35.00 a person. It included a salad, a taste of three pastas, entree and two glasses of wine and dessert.

The salad was a plate of marinated cherry tomatoes, with three cubes of mozzarella cheese, nothing outstanding.

The trio pasta taste was average to good.

The entree choices were grilled Yellowfin tuna, chicken with sautéed veggie medley or marinated filet medallions, with sautéed veggies.

Husband had the yellowfin tuna, it had a strong fishy taste and odor. I chose the filet medallions they were good, but very small serving, three small pieces. The bed of veggies were very tasty.

Dessert was a assortment of eight very small cookies, which were just average old cookies.

The wine red and white was just average.

The best part of the meal was the breads.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, OH
“Always Reliable Choice for Family Gatherings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My Pittsburgh family loves Lidia’s, so when I am visiting, we always gather there. Although clearly a “grown up” place, they tolerate children. On this last occasion (June 17), we were celebrating a birthday and were 5 adults and 2 children. With so many people, we could sample quite a few dishes. Although we did order chicken fingers for the toddlers (which they didn't eat), they absolutely adored their Grandmother’s braised beef and pork meatball appetizer. They each ate one whole meatball. Luckily, with 3 giant meatballs to the serving, it was big enough for 3 people. It was a big hit for adults and children alike. My advice: skip the children's menu and order the meatballs for them. Besides salads, we also sampled the Fritto Misto of Calamari, Shrimp and Vegetables. This seemed slightly heavier on vegetables than seafood, but was very good. It came with a marinara type of sauce on the side. The Ramp and Asparagus Ravioli with Scallion Butter and Shrimp was outstanding. This seems to be a recurring Spring menu item. I had this at Lidia’s about 2 years earlier and couldn’t pass it up again. It is a bit rich as an appetizer, but I had plenty of help around the table. Everyone was happy with their main course choices. The thick grilled loin lamb chops, which I ordered medium rare, were done properly and served on a bed of cabbage with a little diced pancetta. After the rich ravioli appetizer, this plain grilled dish was perfect. Our seafood lover nephew had the wonderful Zuppa di Pesce, which was chock full of various seafood, including octopus, calamari, shrimp, clams, and scallops. Often in such soups, some of the seafood gets overdone and rubbery, but the pieces I sampled were just right and very tender. The grilled salmon filet with roasted asparagus was the perfect dish for those watching their diet. The Pork Osso Buco on Barley Risotto was excellent. This hearty offering is probably not the best dish to sample on a 90-degree day, but I hope it will be on the menu during the winter. It was absolutely delicious and a meat lover’s delight. Lidia’s always has the all-you-can-eat Trio of Pasta del Giorno on the menu, and it is something someone around our table always orders. Although I’m a pasta lover, this is not my favorite choice on the menu because I personally always find the three offerings rather dry and tasteless. This time was no different. We sampled three desserts: the trio of sorbet (good, but the kids seemed to devour it before the adults could try much); the tiramisu (good, nothing special, just the usual); and the Cannoli del Giorno – two large cannoli with a delicious strawberry rhubarb ricotta filling and a side of bittersweet chocolate dipping sauce. This was to die for! I’m posting photos of most of the dishes except for the desserts which we devoured before we could photograph them. Service at Lidia’s is always attentive and very professional even though it is a very busy place.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“In walking distance to our hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

A very good restaurant with nice décor. We had an endless pasta dish that was on the menu that featured 3 different types and sauces. I liked the atmosphere there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere