“A Pittsburgh Fav!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Robert Wholey's

Robert Wholey's
1711 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 (Strip District)
412-391-3737
Neighborhood: Strip District
Kentucky
“A Pittsburgh Fav!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have dined at Wholey' on several occasions and will always make this a stop while in the burgh! The seafood selection is amazing, prices are reasonable. The Sushi bar is excellent!! Andy the Sushi guy is always having fun with the customers and he makes excellent Sushi!! The sandwiches are also excellent but I try to avoid fried foods. The Lobster Mac & Cheese is a must try for sure!! All the soups are spot on!! It is a unique dining experience with great food. Expect a real fish market atmosphere including the rustic fish market smell....but try the Sushi and other food items....you will enjoy it!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic fish sandwiches!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is a great place to grab a fish sandwich after a morning exploring the Strip District! Counter service only but a great value for delicious fish- the sides are tasty too!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kerman, California
“great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was in town visiting family and they took me to wholeys to try there fish sandwich, it was the best. I havent had it in a long time since i moved away but it still is the same.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Bethlehem, PA
“Amazing fresh seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have been to Wholeys in the past, but I have never eaten there until a few weeks ago. Now, I have made the hour and a half trip there twice in the last three weeks. The first trip included our whole family and my parents where we ordered a little bit of everything. Fish sandwiches are awesome. I got a shrimp po boy that was out of this world. I tried the crab cakes, seafood bisque, clam chowder, lobster Mac and cheese, and fish. Everything was delicious and very affordable. I went back to have their famous whaler which contains 1 pound of fresh fish on a bun. It was excellent and enormous. Then, we went to the market to take home live Maine lobsters for $5.98 a pound (wow!), live muscles, and fresh Cajun flavored catfish. Amazing meal for lunch and an amazing meal for dinner. Awesome place.

Visited June 2013
“Worth the trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Every time I am in Pittsburgh, my wife and I take a trip to the Strip district. One of our favorite stops is Wholey's fish market. Great selection, good prices, and the best lobster roll this side of downeast Maine.

• Visited June 2013