“Our anniversary night” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Grand Concourse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 1,895 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Carson Street
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Our anniversary night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Excellent service. Felt like a queen. Discovered the same background that is in a picture taken of myself and my parents in 1960 something when I was on my way to college.

Los Angeles
“Beautiful view but terrible service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This 'Grand Dame' of restaurants, like many aging beauties, is sorely in need of a service facelift. It could be great again, but the kitchen needs to be expanded because it is ridiculously slow - almost 45 minutes for one of our appetizers while the soup was served in ten minutes?! Huh? One person is served and the other waits 35 minutes for his appetizer? Our waitress, while very sweet, was nowhere to be found thoughout most of the dinner, until the bill came and then we saw more of her then we had seen all night. I had also made a note on our reservation that it was my husband's birthday and to please bring a candle on his dessert. No such memo was passed on....what a disappointment because it was a special birthday and we were visiting from out of state. All in all, despite the lovely view, spend your money elsewhere. If the management is so clueless or disinterested in improving service by hiring enough well-trained servers, then they deserve to have empty tables every night!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toledo, Ohio
“Great steak, nice atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This restaurant did a nice job accommodating a large group that I traveled with. The filet was excellent, as was their salad. Pricey, but worth it for the quality.

Visited October 2012
Castle Shannon, Pennsylvania, United States
“A Pittsburgh Landmark and well deserved”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is a special place with excellent food and great atmosphere. We have never had a bad meal or experience. I would recommend the Grand Concourse to anyone.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Frackville, Pennsylvania
“What I expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Wife and I had dinner here and was good. The service was good (nothing over the top). Food was fresh and done the way we like it. I had Seared Tuna med-rare and was excellent & wife had stuffed shrimp with crab also good. We sat on the side so we had a great view of Pittsburgh. Didn't get to see the main dining room due to a wedding which I wanted to see. The only thing that I didn't care for was the noise. From the wait staff to people talking I felt I was listening to my iPhone. Overall good experience.

• Visited September 2012