“AWESOME!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We went into Luke's wondering what to expect. We are very fussy when it comes to fish because so often fish is not done right, be it overcooked or over seasoned or too much breading or whatever. This place did everything PERFECTLY! Fried shrimp, scallops, and haddock lightly breaded and completely delicious! Salmon stuffed with crab to die for! Amazing chocolate cheesecake! Oh and couldn't be better lobster bisque! Can't say enough good things!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

NY/NJ
“Good but packed on Good Friday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were shopping in the Strip District and decided to grab lunch. Having never been to this estalbishment before, it looked interesting so we gave it a try. The place was packed but in hindsight, it should have been expected on Good Friday. We were seated upstairs in an area that was a little to warm but not unbearable. Service was good but they were having some trouble with the new sushi bar. We were told the individual items were one piece of fish, but it turned out to be two, which was fine since they left one off. In the end, the fish was fresh and tasty and hopefully they get the wrinkles out of the sushi service. Luke stopped by the table to greet us and the other customers, which I thought was a nice touch. I'd go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Youngstown, Ohio
“disapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

our food was ok once they got it right but our server was terrible, took thirty minutes for our drinks and apparently only keep one bottle of everything on hand, hire some servers with personality and experience, will never go back, should have known when on a friday night during lent your seefood restaraunt is half empty

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
pittsburgh
“Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We normally eat at Roland's when visiting the Strip but we happened to be further up Penn and came across Luke Wholey's. it was a Saturday afternoon and the Penguin game was on and we noticed no TV's at the bar downstairs. The staff so kindly offered us to sit upstairs at the bar where there were 2 TV's. the Lobster Bisque fries were to die for. Fresh cut fries with lobster bisque on them with chunks of lobster and sea salt. You can also add bacon and we will do that for sure next time.
I had the fish sandwich and it was lightly covered on panko and great. The tartar sauce was good too. We had bloody Mary's also and they were good.
I can't wait to return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
pittsburgh
“I've eaten better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had high expectations based upon the reviews. I went in for a late lunch early dinner. There was one other table of diners and me. I was seated promptly and brought a menu. The place is interesting but really, why they can't walk down the street to the fabric store and buy some blue, turquoise and sea green fabric scraps and cover those ugly brown chairs. Why can't someone go to Tuesday Morning and buy some decent silverware. Good grief, I ate with better silverware during my second year of college. And finally, I don't mind the paper napkins, but having then held together with the paper with the glue, is totally unacceptable for a restaurant that costs this much. Again, walk down the street to the novelty shop and buy some blue or green stretchy string and tie the silverware and napkin with that.

The waitress was pleasant. I ordered a Bloody Mary and the lobster bisque while I looked over the menu. The lobster bisque was good; I would order it again. The Bloody Mary was not the caliber of Bella Norte (the old Jimmy and Ninos) down the street (which in my opinion makes the best Bloody Mary's in the city), but certainly was drinkable. I decided to try the salmon with the crab since it has gotten rave reviews. I also ordered a glass of wine. The salmon was okay, but not outstanding. We buy copper river salmon when it is in season and vacuum seal it. I normally don't order salmon because farm raised just is tasteless. I had hoped this with have some taste. It really didn't. But it was cooked properly.

My wine was good. The wine glasses were the new barrel style which I liked. The water glass looked like it was an old jelly glass which I thought was sad.

Would I return? Well if I was in the neighborhood, and wanted lobster bisque, I would come here. If I wanted good seafood, I would go to his grandfather's.

• Visited January 2013