“Very Impressed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4607 McKnight Road, off I-279 Exit 4/McKnight Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15237   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #32 of 54 hotels in Pittsburgh
Cleveland, Ohio
“Very Impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

It is hard to find affordable, clean and convenient hotels in the Pittsburgh Area. I travel for work and have found one that I LOVE! It is very new, still smells new, the bed was extremely comfortable and the front desk staff is so friendly! I did hear that the owner is considering adding a frig to the rooms which would be great. I already added this hotel to my favorites and will continue to book there whenever I am in the area for work.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ketan P, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Marcia H
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting Pittsburgh and that you “LOVE” our accommodation and found our hotel “CLEAN & NICE” and the staff “VERY FRIENDLY”.

Here at the Comfort Inn McKnight, we strive to provide an “EXECELLANT “experience for our guest. It pleases me to see we have met those expectations. Based on your comments and suggestions we have made some changes. We have installed mini fridges in over half of our guest rooms

Thank you again and with look forward to having you back when your in Pittsburgh

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cleveland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

No Micro, No Fridge, No Computer, No Frills. The hallways are in DIRE NEED of a good vaccuming, the room too !! Found a few loose boards on the steps. Get a room on the backside of the hotel, Don't bring a (big) truck, hard to get in, harder to get out. Breakfast was ok at best, cold, but ok... I'm not going back, price was good though.

Room Tip: busy highway, no left turn out of hotel, get a room on the backside of the hotel...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest
It is a disappointment to here that your stay wasn’t the most enjoyable one. Please accept my most sincere apology.

Here at the Comfort Inn McKnight, we strive on providing our guest with an “EXECELLENT” experience. Unfortunately, we did not meet that expectation. Based on your comments and suggestions we have made some changes. We have installed mini fridges in over half of our guest rooms. Set up the business center with a computer and printer available 24 hour for your conveniences and provide a “BETTER” selection on our breakfast.

If you have any other concerns, please contact the hotel directly. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Nice,new Comfort Inn. Nice bed, clean room, average breakfast, if road noise bothers you ask for an odd numbered room in the back, freindly staff, no cable tv listings available is only other negative. $50 less per night than Hampton Inn next door!

Room Tip: Even #s front McKnight Blvd., Odd #s are in rear.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest

I would like to thank you for spending your Thanksgiving with us. It pleases me to know that you found our hotel “REASONABLELY PRICED” and “NICE” compared to other hotels in the area.

Here at the Comfort Inn McKnight, we strive to provide an “EXECELLENT” experience for our guest. Base on your comments and suggestions we have made some changes. We have updated all guest room with the guest directory that provide locate attraction and channel guide. We have changed several of our breakfast items to provide you with a better selection.

Thanks again and with look forward to having you back.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

A friend and I were down for a Steelers game, and left booking a hotel to the last minute. At the time, this was one of the few hotels left. So we booked it not expecting very much. We were pleasantly surprised though! The hotel was clean & comfortable, and the service at the front desk was very nice & helpful (they helped us get a cab a couple times over the weekend)
I would take a few marks off as the location isn't within walking distance of downtown, but it's easily & quickly reachable by car.
Also, worth noting though we didn't use it as it didn't fit our schedule, they do offer a shuttle bus service to & from the football game.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Value Customer
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting Pittsburgh and that you found our accommodation “VERY PLEASANT & CLEAN” and our staff was “ VERY FRIENDLY”.

Thank you again for your comment and suggests and with look forward to having you back in STEELER COUNTRY.
Oakville, ON, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were a bit apprehensive booking because of the lone 1-star rating given by a previous reviewer, but there was the "One World" convention taking place downtown Pittsburgh so hotel rooms were at a premium. This Comfort Inn on McKnight was reasonably priced and located within a 10-15 minute drive to the downtown area. To our immediate relief upon arrival, the place looked brand new and very tidy. Our room was very clean and comfortable. There are more than enough places to eat along McKnight Rd, and even more options if you decide to take the short drive into "The Strip", so the lack of a restaurant on-site is a non-issue (unless you don't have access to transportation, which is unlikely if you are staying at this location). We were mildy concerned by the noise - both from adjoining rooms and the road traffic as we were in a third floor room overlooking the road/driveway entrance.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back (higher numbers) may be more quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Value Customer
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting Pittsburgh and that you found our accommodation “Very Clean & Comfortable”. Here at the Comfort Inn McKnight, we strive to provide an “Excellent “experience for our guest. It pleases me to see we have met those expectations.
Thank you again for your comment and suggests and with look forward to having you back.
Ripley, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I booked a 2 double-bed room for 6 people the weekend of August 10th through the 12th. Before we even arrived I called and asked if it was possible for us to check-in early and they said that there was already a room available for us. When we arrived at the hotel and I went in to check-in I was told that there was no more doubles and only a single king bed left. I said that we would make due with that for now but asked if they could call me as soon as there was a room available which they agreed to. The next day a member from my party was in the lobby and watched as 3 walk-ins got 2 double rooms while I still wasn't notified. I went down to the front desk and finally got a different room. When we went to the room my boyfriend noticed that there was no peep hole in the door, it was just a hole drilled through it, the door didn't lock cause it was not lined up, and there was still painters tape all over the floor. This was the worst experience ever. I had a small child with me and felt completely unsafe in this new room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Clyde C, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
There are a few issues that need to be addressed with this review.

A. This Guest writing the review is an employee of Comfort Inn.
B. Her original reservation was for a "King" room and wanted to switch to a "double" room upon arrival.
C. This guest had 6 guests in total, but only 4 are allowed with a "double" room reservation.
(Note .. she only booked a "King" room).
D. At the time of her stay, the hotel had just opened and there where a number of areas still be addressed at the time of her stay. On a side note, she never notified the front desk of this particular issue with the door.

As of 12/05/2012 mgmt has addressed all new construction issues and has a number of very happy guests (both corporate and casual)

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!