“New and Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4607 McKnight Road, off I-279 Exit 4/McKnight Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15237   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #29 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Oakville, ON, Canada
“New and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were a bit apprehensive booking because of the lone 1-star rating given by a previous reviewer, but there was the "One World" convention taking place downtown Pittsburgh so hotel rooms were at a premium. This Comfort Inn on McKnight was reasonably priced and located within a 10-15 minute drive to the downtown area. To our immediate relief upon arrival, the place looked brand new and very tidy. Our room was very clean and comfortable. There are more than enough places to eat along McKnight Rd, and even more options if you decide to take the short drive into "The Strip", so the lack of a restaurant on-site is a non-issue (unless you don't have access to transportation, which is unlikely if you are staying at this location). We were mildy concerned by the noise - both from adjoining rooms and the road traffic as we were in a third floor room overlooking the road/driveway entrance.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back (higher numbers) may be more quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ketan P, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Value Customer
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting Pittsburgh and that you found our accommodation “Very Clean & Comfortable”. Here at the Comfort Inn McKnight, we strive to provide an “Excellent “experience for our guest. It pleases me to see we have met those expectations.
Thank you again for your comment and suggests and with look forward to having you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Ripley, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I booked a 2 double-bed room for 6 people the weekend of August 10th through the 12th. Before we even arrived I called and asked if it was possible for us to check-in early and they said that there was already a room available for us. When we arrived at the hotel and I went in to check-in I was told that there was no more doubles and only a single king bed left. I said that we would make due with that for now but asked if they could call me as soon as there was a room available which they agreed to. The next day a member from my party was in the lobby and watched as 3 walk-ins got 2 double rooms while I still wasn't notified. I went down to the front desk and finally got a different room. When we went to the room my boyfriend noticed that there was no peep hole in the door, it was just a hole drilled through it, the door didn't lock cause it was not lined up, and there was still painters tape all over the floor. This was the worst experience ever. I had a small child with me and felt completely unsafe in this new room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Clyde C, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
There are a few issues that need to be addressed with this review.

A. This Guest writing the review is an employee of Comfort Inn.
B. Her original reservation was for a "King" room and wanted to switch to a "double" room upon arrival.
C. This guest had 6 guests in total, but only 4 are allowed with a "double" room reservation.
(Note .. she only booked a "King" room).
D. At the time of her stay, the hotel had just opened and there where a number of areas still be addressed at the time of her stay. On a side note, she never notified the front desk of this particular issue with the door.

As of 12/05/2012 mgmt has addressed all new construction issues and has a number of very happy guests (both corporate and casual)

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!