“Horrible Experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4607 McKnight Road, off I-279 Exit 4/McKnight Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15237   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #29 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Ripley, New York, United States
“Horrible Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I booked a 2 double-bed room for 6 people the weekend of August 10th through the 12th. Before we even arrived I called and asked if it was possible for us to check-in early and they said that there was already a room available for us. When we arrived at the hotel and I went in to check-in I was told that there was no more doubles and only a single king bed left. I said that we would make due with that for now but asked if they could call me as soon as there was a room available which they agreed to. The next day a member from my party was in the lobby and watched as 3 walk-ins got 2 double rooms while I still wasn't notified. I went down to the front desk and finally got a different room. When we went to the room my boyfriend noticed that there was no peep hole in the door, it was just a hole drilled through it, the door didn't lock cause it was not lined up, and there was still painters tape all over the floor. This was the worst experience ever. I had a small child with me and felt completely unsafe in this new room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Clyde C, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
There are a few issues that need to be addressed with this review.

A. This Guest writing the review is an employee of Comfort Inn.
B. Her original reservation was for a "King" room and wanted to switch to a "double" room upon arrival.
C. This guest had 6 guests in total, but only 4 are allowed with a "double" room reservation.
(Note .. she only booked a "King" room).
D. At the time of her stay, the hotel had just opened and there where a number of areas still be addressed at the time of her stay. On a side note, she never notified the front desk of this particular issue with the door.

As of 12/05/2012 mgmt has addressed all new construction issues and has a number of very happy guests (both corporate and casual)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Inn

Address: 4607 McKnight Road, off I-279 Exit 4/McKnight Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Ranked #29 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Comfort Inn 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.