“Surprisingly good” 4 of 5 stars

Description: 15203
Sistersville, West Virginia
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My husband loves to shop at REI, so my mission was to find a restaurant close to REI in Southside Works. On a busy Saturday night, The Cheesecake Factory had a wait of 1 1/2 hours, so I popped into Claddagh Irish Pub, where there was no wait. Pleasant surprise! We were seated in a back room, where the music was enjoyable, but not too loud. I ordered the grilled chicken/spinach/cheese sandwich, which was delicious and came with the best fries I've eaten in a long time. Hot, crisp, and tasty! My husband ordered a burger and said it was very good. We were too timid to try the traditional Irish fare, but the menu certainly looked interesting. Our server (Steve?) was excellent; attentive, without being obtrusive, cheerful, helpful. A very good experience.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Pennsylvania
“Great time at the bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Ryan & Eddie were great. Service was excellent. Gents were attentive and made some nice recommendations. Good atmosphere authentic Irish feel.

“Authentic Irish food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Love the stews, beers, and mashed potatoes. We have always been pleased with the service. The Irish Stew, Shepherd's pie, and corned beef and cabbage are my favorites. Try the Fish N Chips also-lunch or dinner.

Visited January 2014
“Will Return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

First time visit and what a pleasant surprise. Nice interior, efficient and attentive servers and good value food. Background music was great too, and not intrusive, so conversation was easy. Easy to recommend. Will return.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Staff, food and of course drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

While in Pittsburgh on business I visitied this irish Pub. The exterior and interior were unique and the menu was simple. The food was great. I am not from the area but I felt like I was a local person after about 20 minutes. My bartender/waitress was great, she provided her favorites on the menu and also informed me of the specials for the night. I only intended on grabbing a quick bite and a pint of beer however Elizabeth was so welcoming I also ordered an app for dessert. I have already reccomended this place to several of my peers who also travel to the area.

Thanks Liz for making my stay nicer

• Visited December 2013