“Delightful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Cleveland, Ohio
“Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was a romantic weekend away. The theater was within walking distance and we went to a great concert. Lively downtown with an awesome brew pub nearby.

The room was wonderful, comfortable, clean. Staff was very friendly, with valet car service.

I would love to return to this hotel. Pittsburgh was a great getaway destination for a weekend of fun.

Room Tip: I always prefer top florr rooms because they are more quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
yomamalynn,
Thank you for your kind review. We're very pleased you enjoyed your weekend getaway in Pittsburgh! I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel as well as our active surrounding area. We hope you plan to visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Sarasota Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The Courtyard is a nice hotel in downtown Pittsburgh.
Room are nice and up to date though not truly luxurious.
Service was excellent and everyone was very helpful. Employees seemed to actually care about your needs.
I did not eat in the restaurant since I had meetings, but it looked okay. The hotel does have a
"pantry" that sells snacks and drinks. Prices are reasonable but they only carry Pepsi products. No Cokes. So sad.
Internet service was a little slow but had strong signal in my room. It was okay for my business needs.
This hotel was a good choice for a moderately priced hotel in downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
andyc53,
It's great to hear from you. We appreciate your kind review, and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Courtyard. I'm pleased to know that our staff helped to make your trip more comfortable as well. We welcome you to come and visit us again soon.
Coimbra, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

First of all I would like to thank you all the staff that were at the Courtyard Pittsburgh reception in the evening of Saturday 25 August...
I booked two nights at this hotel several months before the stay, on marriott website.I am a Marriott Rewards member and I choose this hotel carefully because we would like to stay close Amtrak train station , downtown and PNC park.
The day before I received an email confirming our stay and welcoming us to the hotel.
We ( me , my husband and son) arrived in the evening after a 7.30 train ride from Philadelphia, needing something to eat and get some rest and they told us that the hotel is overbooked for that night!!! What?? Overbooked??? I didn´t belive how was it possible.I was completely furious and exausted and showed the confirmation but they didn`t have a room for us! The alternative was to sleep in the sister hotel Courtyard Shadyside ( free of charge),10 min by car, and return on the following day for the 2nd night... I felt like crying because we had plans to see
the fireworks after the Pirates game on that night, and the game on Sunday afternoon and we didin`t have car!
And it was here that the staff makes the difference... one of the gentlemens drove us to the other hotel,wait for us while we went to the room and took us back to downtown to see the fireworks.He suggested that we go to Mount Washington for a better view and drop us off at one of the inclines. We went up and had a fantastic night end watching the fireworks and enjoying the incredible view. That `s something to remember...
After that, he pick us up again, to return to Courtyard Shadyside ,and on the following morning we were able to do the check-in at 10 am, finally , at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown...
The room ( we had an upgrade for a corner room) was quiet, spacious,very clean ,with two great comfortable double beds.Everything looked modern and new.
The location could not be better,we walked everywhere.Lots of good restaurants close by. We tried Kaya in Strip District and Sienna on Market Square.Loved both.Delicious food and great ambiance.
We went to Heinz museum, the PNC park for the game ( what a fantastic view to downtown!!) and again to Mount Washington , this time at daylight...
As our night train to Chicago was leaving only at mid-night on Monday ,they kept our lugagge all day and we could rest in the beautiful hotel lobby until our departure.The same staff was at the reception at the time.
Thanks guys!You are the best staff that we ever meet at any Marriott Hotel!
If we will return to Pittsburgh one day your hotel is the only one we choose and recommend it to everyone!

Family Nobre from Portugal

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
margarida,
Thank you for your terrific review about your experience with us at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown. We're very pleased to receive your kind compliments about our staff, and glad everything worked out for you and your family. We have a wonderful staff who looks after our guests in a special way so I'm very pleased to know they went out of their way to make you happy. I'm also glad to read all of the great places you visited because Pittsburgh has a lot to offer. We welcome you to come and stay with us again for another exceptional visit.
Scottdale, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great location in the Cultural district and next to the Convention center. Wonderful staff, great rooms and wonderful place to stay. I would definitely stay here again. Parking is about a block away and on weekends it is only $5.00 a day.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Barbara B,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown. We greatly appreciate your compliments about our exceptional staff. I'm glad this was a wonderful stay for you. We hope you will visit us again soon.
Timonium, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My son, daughter, and I stayed here recently while in town for college visits. The hotel is in a perfect location for a Pittsburgh trip. The Strip District is close, the stadia are close, and cabs are easy to get. The hotel itself is very nice with clean, spacious rooms that look out over center city. Perfect!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
go_steelers001,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us. We're so glad to have had you and your family as our guests. I'm thrilled to hear of your great time not only at our hotel, but also visiting our great city. We hope you all will come and stay with us again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in connection with a wedding. It was precisely what you would expect from a Courtyard by Marriott - clean, friendly and wow does a little breakfast sandwich and an OJ cost a lot. I also hate when they put those $2.50 waters in your room. But that's a pet peeve.

Pillows were lumpy, but bed was good. Big windows, ours overlooked a courtyard. I had a lot of work to do and the FREE Wifi was VERY fast - I was able to log into my work's system with very little delay. Also like the desk setup.

The location was perfect for what we were doing. Walked to Pirates game, walked to the wedding reception at the Heinz History Museum, walked to dinner/bars. Not bad at all.

I do question the hotel's decision to only have 2 valets working on a day where 2 sets of wedding guests in the hotel were trying to get their cars. Seems ... like a poor choice.

Lastly, I was very confused by the front desk overall. I asked a woman about a place to get my nails done nearby and she was clueless. Looked it up on Yelp (which I had already done). Thanks. And then when asking a guy about a restaurant he told me the name/address and we asked whether we should make reservations. He said yes and then handed me his master list and pointed "there's the phone number." Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I've never had a hotel make ME call the place to make a reservation. I didn't mind, it was just very strange. At a nice hotel they usually fall over themselves to do it for you! Odd.

But overall, yeah this would work for a business trip easy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
skiergirl07,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Courtyard. We’re very pleased to have had you stay with us while attending a wedding in the area. We strive to offer the highest quality of service possible for our guests so I’m displeased that was not your impression. We adequately staff our valet department, though peak times will always present a challenge just by virtue of being downtown and the size of the curb assigned to us. We try to remind our guests to call ahead for their vehicle. Also, though we do not have a dedicated concierge desk, our desk agents do an extraordinary job filling this role, providing information on area attractions, direction and recommendations. We empower our guests with information and upon request can mediate services such as calling in dinner reservations. Thank you for your visit and your time to share your experiences with us. We hope to see you again soon,

Attentively,
Francisco Selles, General Manager
Bridgeport, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed 2 nights after Labor day to go to a pirates game and relax with my girlfriend. Hotel was nice and close to the strip district as well as PNC park. The room was very clean and beds were comfortable. The outside courtyard on the third floor was pretty nice and even had a gas grill for guests to use.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Drew S,

Thanks for writing a review about your recent stay. Sounds like you enjoyed some great food at the Strip District, and a relaxing time at PNC Park. We're glad you chose us and that we met your needs. Please join us again and next time, if you need help with the grill, count me in, I eat pretty much anything and will even help with the clean up!

Kindest Regards,
Francisco Selles, General Manager

Been to Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown? Share your experiences!