“Perfect Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 54 hotels in Pittsburgh
rocky river, ohio
“Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed for marathon weekend 2012 Our experience was great right from the start. We requested an early check in, but did not anticipate our room being ready at 12:00. This was a huge bonus since we were able to get to our rooom before the expo which was located in the convention center right next door to the hotel. This property was immaculate in expected Marriott fashion. The front desk, valet and workers were all pleasent and greated you with a smile. The room was modern, comfortable, and quiet. The location for the race and any other visit was perfect. Penn avenue has plenty of wonderful restaurants and we were only about 5 blocks walk to the start/finish area. We try to only stay at Marriott properties since our experience has always been consistently excellent and this hotel and staff exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: noisy street request coutyard/upper level room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Mwano,
Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation! I am glad you found your stay during the marathon to be top-notch and relaxing. We hope you had a great weekend! The team is always happy to help with dinner and local suggestions. We look forward to seeing you again!

244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I stayed at this property years ago. My company put me up there, and I was scared for I had never stayed in a hotel by myself. Every single person was so nice to me. The Valet was always so polite, even if I had a gross green rinky dink car at the time. The person at the door always said hi and wished me a good day. The lady that ran the breakfast new me by name and always asked how work was. Even the housekeepers tucked in my stuffed dog every day. It put a smile on my face every single time I came home from work. The food I ordered to the room was delicious and the staff was soo wonderful. This experience alone made me solidify my degree in Hospitality Management and I am now a Hotel General Manager. Thank you so much! I recommend this place highly!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Carla O,
Thank you so much for writing a review and sharing your experience about our hotel. It is great to hear stories like yours. I will be sure to share your words with our staff during our next team meeting. I hope you get an opportunity to visit our hotel again in the future.

Take care,
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

A nice Courtyard Marriott, good lobby that actually had people using it, and a great location for a lot of downtown activities, esp walking to and from the ballpark after a Pirates-Phillies night game. Near many restaurants, and you could walk the eight-ten blocks up to the Strip if you wanted. The parking valet worked very rapidly for us ($22 daily), and service in general was very good at the desk and for our one room-service linen need. The only BUT -- the Bistro breakfast area. Food was totally underwhelming. Is Marriott replacing all its Courtyard buffet breakfasts with these? A rare mistake from Marriott. Once was all I could manage here; we drove over to The Porch at Schenley, near Pitt campus, for a great brunch the second morning of our stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thanks for choosing our hotel and for your review Philadelphian35, we appreciate your kind comments. To answer your question, Marriott is replacing the buffet breakfast with the new Bistro in all Courtyards, I’m sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your experience with ours. Hope you and your family had a great time at the game!

Take care,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

Who knew Pittsburgh had a bar with a stellar wine collection? I expected ripple in a brown bag, but the place, whatever it's called, really impressed. Like with so many rust belt cities, you are not here on pleasure, you are here checking up on the branch office. It is located in the PPG plaza, so you must stay nearby. This place is just a bit past nearby, but they run an excellent and friendly shuttle. The Westin is closer, but for some bizarre reason, it is over your company's daily rate cap, so you stay here instead. If you're lucky, you are not on the side of the building next to the building that is currently under construction. Or destruction, it sounded like it could be either. Who knew they built/destroyed buildings at night? The friendly management has provided foam earplugs to help mitigate the nocturnal screeching metal cacaphony. Those and the Johnny Walker Blacks help you get through the night. I'll be back. I just hope that work next door is done next time. Good breakfast bistro in the morning, and good workout facility, too.

• Stayed April 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Stayed here overnight, after attending a show. My room was extremely nice, and well appointed. All staff that I came into contact with were very pleasant. I had a problem with my showerhead. Engineering came up and fixed it right away. No complaints. Very nice hotel. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Very large rooms. I had a room with 2 Queen beds. Lots of space, much more then your average hotel r...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
HappyGilmoreLPN,
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. My apologies for the issue you had with your showerhead, I am glad we were able to resolve that efficiently.
The Pittsburgh Cultural District boasts so many great restaurants and sees so many shows coming through. It is a wonderful part of the downtown which we are happy to call home. Visit www.pgharts.com for the events calendar of all downtown theaters- hopefully you will find an excuse to visit us again in the near future!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night while partying in the city celebrating his retirement. The room was very nice, staff excellent, bed just ok. The best part is the location in the heart of downtown's cultural district within walking distance of PNC Park, Heinz Hall, Benedum, etc. There are plenty of great restaurants located on Penn Avenue.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Dear meeshatoo,

Thanks very much for choosing our hotel, hope your husband enjoyed his retirement celebration! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and how convenient we are to all there is to see and do in the Cultural District. Hope to see you again!

Best regards,

David Lockard, General Manager
Loudon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

We were here over the Christmas holiday and found a few great things to do in the area with our grandkids. The ice skating rink was just around the corner in easy walking distance. And proximity to freeways was good. I hate paying for parking, but in a dfowntown location, this is almost a given

I did find the arts area downtown to be a pleasant surprise. I remember coming to PIT 20+ years ago when I was a flight attendant for American Airlines, and the town was much diffent back then. There are currently many theatres in PIT now that off a variety of great entertainment from ballet, to symphony, to musicals. Will return in acouple of months to take the kids to see Copellia.

Back to the hotel... they have a nice cafe for breakfast, but you need to get there before 10 a.m. when they close for the day. There are no extras at this Marriott- no pool, work out facility, but a big plus for me was the free wi-fi. And it was very quiet, but the room was rather small. I was surprised that they would not change my room from a double queen to a king because was definately not crowded. But I got a good rate through Priceline and the front desk would not budge. The front desk person was pleasant but, great customer service would have accomodated my request.

Very clean, comfortable beds... but they definately need new pillows. After 32 years of staying in hotels during my career, I can be pretty picky!

Room Tip: You know, we were right by the ice machine and did not even hear it. So, any location is probably go...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks Geri D for your review, it’s always great to hear from a seasoned traveler such as yourself. I hope you and the grandkids enjoyed the outdoor ice rink, we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

David Lockard, General Manager

Been to Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown? Share your experiences!