After reading the rave reviews on TripAdvisor, I booked my reservation for a weekend stay at this hotel. Overall, the hotel was average to good (I'd give it a C+ if I were a teacher), but there were several unusual negatives that put me and my other two guests (15 year old boys) off pretty seriously. First, the tiled floor was extremely sticky when we checked in. A comment to the desk personnel resolved the problem the next day, but then I discoverd an weirder problem--mystery unclaimed underpants on the floor!
I don't know if these were considered a gift or an oversight by the cleaning crew, but a pair of "tighty whities" was discovered underneath the desk in our room on our second day. (They may have been there on the first night, but we were so tired, we didn't notice.) They did not belong to either one of the guys, and because they were crumbled in a ball on the floor, I suspect they were used. Blech. It even grossed out my son and his buddy.
My final complaint came as a result of scheduled shuttle service. The van was supposed to depart on the hour, each hour, so we raced downstairs to catch it--only to be told to wait until the driver finished his lunchbreak; 15 minutes later, the driver got in the van and took off with another staff member without even coming in to get us or to announce he was leaving. Fortunately, I jumped up and told the front desk clerk that the van was taking off without us, so she called him back. Pretty rude.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side Hotel Pittsburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side Hotel
- Holiday Inn Pittsburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Pittsburgh is conveniently located in Pittsburgh's historic South Side, well known for its famous Carson Street Nightlife. We are just a few blocks' walk to such great eateries as Mallorca, Pramanti Brothers, Carson City Saloon & the Cheesecake Factory. Shopping is also just a short walk away with something for everyone at South Side Works or Station Square and many others. During your stay at the Holiday Inn Express hotel take in a game at Heinz Field, home of the Steelers, PNC Park, home of the Pirates or Concol Energy Center, home of the Penguins. For our corporate guests we are located just a shuttle ride away from such companies as US Steel, Finmeccanica Spa, PPG Place, the FBI building, Dynavox and General Dynamics. We also offer an on site restaurant & lounge open until 10pm, Bridge Ten Brassiere. Visit Pittsburgh & Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Pittsburgh! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.