This hotel was a great little gem! We traveled w/ two little children, and we were pleased there were several other families there too--not just business travelers. The hotel's location made me hesitate a bit since it is off the beaten path and it didn't appear there were prime tourist sites nearby, but in reality I would highly recommend its location. It is a short drive to Station Square & the Inclnes, a walk to Carson street's many shops and restaurants/bars, and a very reasonable drive to the many things we did in Pittsburgh. The hotel also has nice views of the city and is in a quiet area.
The parking is a nice sized, secure lot and worth the $9.
The hotel's amenities are nice, and I will echo another writer's comments about the room appearing huge with the arch way adding to the effect and apparent size of the room. No problems at all w/ two blow up mattresses on the floor!
The only mediocre spot was breakfast. In this day of competitive hotel offerings, the cold-cereal/danish/toaster waffle breakfast is not going to draw people here. Holiday Inn seemed to advertise some sort of "world's greatest" cinnamon bun. They weren't!
All in all, a very pleasant & well maintained hotel, nice staff, and great location.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side Hotel Pittsburgh
- Holiday Inn Pittsburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Pittsburgh is conveniently located in Pittsburgh's historic South Side, well known for its famous Carson Street Nightlife. We are just a few blocks' walk to such great eateries as Mallorca, Pramanti Brothers, Carson City Saloon & the Cheesecake Factory. Shopping is also just a short walk away with something for everyone at South Side Works or Station Square and many others. During your stay at the Holiday Inn Express hotel take in a game at Heinz Field, home of the Steelers, PNC Park, home of the Pirates or Concol Energy Center, home of the Penguins. For our corporate guests we are located just a shuttle ride away from such companies as US Steel, Finmeccanica Spa, PPG Place, the FBI building, Dynavox and General Dynamics. We also offer an on site restaurant & lounge open until 10pm, Bridge Ten Brassiere. Visit Pittsburgh & Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Pittsburgh! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Olotels, Priceline, Agoda, Venere and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.