We just got back from our 6th stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Southside. I have never had any problems at all with this hotel. Everything is always super clean, the staff are very courteous and helpful, and the rooms are always great.
Until this weekend, we had stayed in every room type except the King Suite with Jacuzzi tub. Since it was our anniversary, we decided to upgrade. We booked online and got a great rate $153 for a saturday stay. Made the 4 hour drive to Pittsburgh and looked around South Side for a while. Checked in at 3 pm and went up to our beautiful 6th floor room. This room was ahhh-mazing. The king size bed was so comfortable. The jacuzzi tub was spotlessly clean. The bathroom had huge comfy towels. We were in heaven.
Took a nap and a dip in the jacuzzi. Decided to get some dinner. Asked the front desk for a recommendation. They suggested a seafood restaurant in the new South Side works area. Unfortunately, it had a 2 1/2 wait. Found another restaurant down in the Station Square mall. Great food, great band.
Sadly, we were only staying one night. So, Sunday, we had to get up and leave our beautiful room. Had breakfast downstairs in the lunch room. The cinnamon rolls are so great. Fresh fruits, yogurt, cereal, hot coffee, lots of teas, bread and french toast. MMMM.
We'll definitely be back again. And we'll definitely spring for the jacuzzi suite.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side Hotel Pittsburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side Hotel
- Holiday Inn Pittsburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Pittsburgh is conveniently located in Pittsburgh's historic South Side, well known for its famous Carson Street Nightlife. We are just a few blocks' walk to such great eateries as Mallorca, Pramanti Brothers, Carson City Saloon & the Cheesecake Factory. Shopping is also just a short walk away with something for everyone at South Side Works or Station Square and many others. During your stay at the Holiday Inn Express hotel take in a game at Heinz Field, home of the Steelers, PNC Park, home of the Pirates or Concol Energy Center, home of the Penguins. For our corporate guests we are located just a shuttle ride away from such companies as US Steel, Finmeccanica Spa, PPG Place, the FBI building, Dynavox and General Dynamics. We also offer an on site restaurant & lounge open until 10pm, Bridge Ten Brassiere. Visit Pittsburgh & Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Pittsburgh! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.