My husband and I (with our two sons ages 7 and 11) booked this hotel via Hotwire and it came in much cheaper than other downtown hotels which can run pretty high for our budget on the weekends. Our main objective was to take in a Pirates game. In addition to this, we walked to the Point, Station Square, and the Strip Marketplace. The Point and the Markets were very fun and interesting. The boys had fun running through the Point's park and tasting the Market's foods and drinks.
This hotel provided a shuttle that took use EVERYWHERE we wanted to go downtown. We curtiously tipped the driver and they were always thankful, friendly, and helpful. On the downside, it is good we didn't have a tight schedule as you never knew if you were waiting 5 or 20 minutes for the shuttle to arrive back to the hotel. Coming from out of town and not wanting to pay for parking, we were more than willing to wait without complaint.
This hotel was a hotspot for young party-goers. There is a bar scene within walking distance so there was many groups of young adults looking to have a good time. This didn't hinder our time, it was just noted.
Not any family-friendly restaurants within walking distance but the shuttle would have taken us whereever.
I will say the pool is VERY VERY small and was crowded. The boys swam for 20 minutes and were ready to go back to the room.
The fitness room is well stocked: two treadmills, one eliptical, one bike machine, free weights, yoga mats, medicine balls, and three TVs.
Good breakfast but it was crowded most of the morning.
Our room was very cleam and our bed was VERY comfortable. The matress was better that what we have at home!
Other reviewers noted that the check-in area has heavy traffic and this IS true. The check-in procedure needs to be revamped to accomodate more cars SAFELY pulled into the area.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side Hotel Pittsburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side Hotel
- Holiday Inn Pittsburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Pittsburgh is conveniently located in Pittsburgh's historic South Side, well known for its famous Carson Street Nightlife. We are just a few blocks' walk to such great eateries as Mallorca, Pramanti Brothers, Carson City Saloon & the Cheesecake Factory. Shopping is also just a short walk away with something for everyone at South Side Works or Station Square and many others. During your stay at the Holiday Inn Express hotel take in a game at Heinz Field, home of the Steelers, PNC Park, home of the Pirates or Concol Energy Center, home of the Penguins. For our corporate guests we are located just a shuttle ride away from such companies as US Steel, Finmeccanica Spa, PPG Place, the FBI building, Dynavox and General Dynamics. We also offer an on site restaurant & lounge open until 10pm, Bridge Ten Brassiere. Visit Pittsburgh & Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Pittsburgh! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.