We booked this hotel primarily for price. This is my third shot with a Holiday Inn property at various locations. The hotel was either new or newly renovated. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. When I booked, I specifically asked about the shuttle service to the University of Pittsburgh. I was assured that they did indeed provide this service.
We got into our room about 4pm on our arrival day, and left for dinner soon after. The room seemed well appointed and clean. When we returned, we unpacked, and my daughter showered. I pulled the covers of my bed down, and watched TV while waiting for the shower. It had been very hot out, and I thought my legs were sweating. When I reached down to see why my legs felt so wet, I realized that my bed was wet. WITH URINE. NOT MINE.
I called the front desk and the first question out of the desk clerk's mouth was "how long have you been in the room?" He then offered to give me "points" on my loyalty card. I informed him that I expected the manager to come up immediately, to be moved immediately, and to have the charge for the night removed.
To their credit, the shift manager did come up and she was horrified. We did move rooms and the hotel ultimately removed all of the charges. The desk staff was sincerely apologetic and seemed truly upset at the situation. Unfortunately, I consider this a never, ever experience.
The other things that concerned me about my stay was that although the staff confirmed the availability of a shuttle, they seemed over extended. One driver in particular made us feel that it was a hassle to go into downtown to the University, even though it was clearly within their stated radius.
No more Holiday Inn for me.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side Hotel Pittsburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side Hotel
- Holiday Inn Pittsburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Pittsburgh is conveniently located in Pittsburgh's historic South Side, well known for its famous Carson Street Nightlife. We are just a few blocks' walk to such great eateries as Mallorca, Pramanti Brothers, Carson City Saloon & the Cheesecake Factory. Shopping is also just a short walk away with something for everyone at South Side Works or Station Square and many others. During your stay at the Holiday Inn Express hotel take in a game at Heinz Field, home of the Steelers, PNC Park, home of the Pirates or Concol Energy Center, home of the Penguins. For our corporate guests we are located just a shuttle ride away from such companies as US Steel, Finmeccanica Spa, PPG Place, the FBI building, Dynavox and General Dynamics. We also offer an on site restaurant & lounge open until 10pm, Bridge Ten Brassiere. Visit Pittsburgh & Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Pittsburgh! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.