Bad - We were told the hotel gave discounts to UMPC patient families. My mother had major surgery. We stayed in this hotel several years ago. The surgery turned out to be much longer than expected. We were exhausted! When hubby checked in, he was told we couldn't get the discount because we hadn't called in advance to tell them about the discount. Apparently it is a huge price difference too. I was not happy. We also got the last parking spot in the lot. I was shocked to find out there was a big charge for that one too!
There was construction going on so the place was very crowded. Breakfast was moved to a tiny room and there were not enough tables for everyone. I went through the line and of course when I got to the front there were no eggs or any of the warm breakfast foods. So, I sat down for a few minutes with a coffee. The girl came in and refilled and the line was back up and by the time I got to the front again, it was gone. We ended up eating breakfast elsewhere. We needed to get ready to go see my mother.
I understand there are inconveniences with remodeling. But, I found it funny the same hotel that was charging us $17 for parking that we didn't know about in advance, and didn't provide us the breakfast we wanted, was the same hotel that was being rigid about the policy regarding fees. To make matters even worse, the charged our account twice. It is a good thing we had money in savings to transfer over.
Good - The room was nice, the staff was friendly for the most part. The girl in the breakfast room was working hard to keep up. We were on the end so we had a great view of the hospital where my mother was staying and the bridge.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side Hotel Pittsburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side Hotel
- Holiday Inn Pittsburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Pittsburgh is conveniently located in Pittsburgh's historic South Side, well known for its famous Carson Street Nightlife. We are just a few blocks' walk to such great eateries as Mallorca, Pramanti Brothers, Carson City Saloon & the Cheesecake Factory. Shopping is also just a short walk away with something for everyone at South Side Works or Station Square and many others. During your stay at the Holiday Inn Express hotel take in a game at Heinz Field, home of the Steelers, PNC Park, home of the Pirates or Concol Energy Center, home of the Penguins. For our corporate guests we are located just a shuttle ride away from such companies as US Steel, Finmeccanica Spa, PPG Place, the FBI building, Dynavox and General Dynamics. We also offer an on site restaurant & lounge open until 10pm, Bridge Ten Brassiere. Visit Pittsburgh & Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Pittsburgh! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.