I just finished a two night stay at this hotel. I will never go back. My biggest complaints are the shoddy construction of the place, and the hidden fees.
First, hidden fee you should be aware of: $14 per night to park.... to PARK! $130 a night isn't enough to cover my parking too? Also, be aware that this is a separate fee from the corporate credit card used to pay for the room, and cannot, I was told, be charged to that account.
Second, the cheap construction. So much noise. Conversations by the staff and other guests in the hallway were clearly understandable inside the room. I was out in the hall, and could hear my wife wad up a paper sack inside the room, and I was at least 8 feet away from our door! This means you have no privacy! Who knows what the strangers passing by your room might hear! Also, every time any nearby door was allowed to close itself, it would slam. Every time that happened, the walls, and therefore the headboard, would shake violently. This was actually painful while sitting in bed watching TV with my head resting against the headboard. Then, there are the trains. I know the hotel owner have no control over the train schedule, but the horns were extremely loud inside the room. All in all, it seems there is no insulation, or any other attempt to deaden sounds into or out of the rooms.
Third, the food. I know this is a free breakfast, but it was little more than edible. It is great if you are on a diet. You won't want more than one serving of anything they had to cook.
Since you have read this far, I'll list the good points now.
The hotel is clean. I have no complaints about this.
Most of the staff are friendly and courteous.
They do offer a free shuttle service. I found this to be extremely useful!
***The BEST*** thing about this hotel is the morning shuttle driver. Mr Chip is a wonderful man! I cannot express how much I enjoyed talking with him during our trip. He is a shining example of customer service and local knowledge. If I ever make it back to Pittsburgh, I truly hope to see him again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side Hotel Pittsburgh
- Holiday Inn Pittsburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Pittsburgh is conveniently located in Pittsburgh's historic South Side, well known for its famous Carson Street Nightlife. We are just a few blocks' walk to such great eateries as Mallorca, Pramanti Brothers, Carson City Saloon & the Cheesecake Factory. Shopping is also just a short walk away with something for everyone at South Side Works or Station Square and many others. During your stay at the Holiday Inn Express hotel take in a game at Heinz Field, home of the Steelers, PNC Park, home of the Pirates or Concol Energy Center, home of the Penguins. For our corporate guests we are located just a shuttle ride away from such companies as US Steel, Finmeccanica Spa, PPG Place, the FBI building, Dynavox and General Dynamics. We also offer an on site restaurant & lounge open until 10pm, Bridge Ten Brassiere. Visit Pittsburgh & Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Pittsburgh! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Venere, Agoda, Stentorian NV, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.