“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Dellroy, Ohio
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

There's only a couple places to stay on the southside flats area and they are both pretty nice. This hotel is clean and has great service. Breakfast, shuttle, daily newspaper and the breakfast bar is top notch. This place is pricey @ over $200 a night but I made my own bid on Priceline and got it for $99 a night for Sat and Sun. The regular price is the only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Robin M, Asst. General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We are so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. Our hope is that you were one of those special birthday guests who were serenaded by the staff singing Happy Birthday. We apologize that you were not aware off the parking fee, which is posted on our web-site. The next time you visit, ask the front desk about alternative parking options. Thank you for the wonderful compliment concerning the spacious and spotless rooms. I will share the information to our Executive Housekeeper.
Come and enjoy our wonderful city again. We invite you to stay at our Holiday Inn Express Southside Location.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Spring Lake, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My granddaughter and I stayed @ the Holiday Inn, South Side last Saturday night. I would like to commend your desk clerk, Teresa Ponce for being very informative and accommodating to us the entire time we spent at the hotel. Any question we asked her, she answered for us with a smile. She gave us excellent information on the shuttle service, directions, restaurants, and just general information we requested. Her excellent service made our trip stress free and enjoyable. She is an asset to your operation. Overall, our stay with this Holiday Inn was most pleasing and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Robin M, Asst. General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
We are so delighted that you and your family ENJOYED your stay. We also thank you for visiting Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh, Southside. We appreciate your feedback, and your personal words about our front desk associated. We take great pleasure in providing customer service and care. We feel our hotel should be a home away from home.. Thank You for sharing your thoughts and please join us again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here especially the friendly and helpful staff and short walk to the south side night life. Typical of holiday inn express...not fancy luxury but clean and comfortable. We got a great deal on this room on priceline for the night before thanksgiving as a stopover on our way to grandma's house and were very happy. Next year we will probably stay here again on our thanksgiving trek.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We at the Holiday Inn Express, appreciate your response and views, Our location is what has been term as : Bourbon Street of Southside! There is so much to see and do. So next time on your way to Grandma house please take her some Otis Spunkmeyer Cookies. We are glad to you enjoyed your stay and you found our location to be convenient for your activities.
So, we are inviting you back next Thanksgiving. Thank You for your kind words. We work tat providing great customer service.
Cupertino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Have you ever heard of a hotel staff going out of her way to help guest to get transportation in order not to miss an important meeting? This lady Teresa Ponce at Holiday Inn Express did that for us. When we could not find a taxi by calling all the taxi companies in town, she asked her mother to help drive us to our important meeting in town. We were just so touched! This is the most amazing expereince I have had with any hotel stay.

I was on a business trip with two other colleagues and stayed in Pittsburgh evening of Monday November 12th, 2012. This is the evening of the big game when Pittsburgh Steeler was playing Kansas Chiefs. There were many fans in the city and hotels were a bit diffiult to book and much more expensive than regular times. Because of the game previous evening, it was impossible to find a taxi the next morning as they were all busy sending fans to the airport (Pittsburgh local people later jokingly told us, they think there are probably only 10 taxis in the whole town:) We tried to call many taxi companies but to no result, we were dangerously late for our important meeting. So Teresa called her mom to drive us to our meeting in town. This is the most amazing service I have ever experienced in a hotel. Thank you Teresa!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here in February 2012 for a Penguins game, and I really enjoyed my experience! The staff were the friendliest I have ever encountered in a hotel. My friend and I were unsure of what to do in Pittsburgh and they gave us a list of great ideas! Also the shuttle service is quite handy. The only downside was that my room was near the side of the train tracks so it was a bit noisy, but I feel bad even saying that because it is a great hotel!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Burlington, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

In August 2012 I stayed 4 nights for a business trip. My NJ company sends employees to Pittsburgh monthly and they have a corporate American Express card that pays all hotel bills prior to my stay. I gave the desk clerk my bank account visa for "incidentals" of which there were none. So, even though my corporation paid for my hotel stay and parking (the hotel gave me a copy of the AMEX paid bill upon checkout) the hotel decided to also deduct the cost from my personal checking account causing me a few hundred dollars in bounced check fees. Fortunately I noticed this right away and called the hotel only to be treated very rudely and told "I don't have time to deal with this now" by the desk clerk (somehow this was my fault). So I called later in the evening, around 11pm and was told the same thing. The next day I called again, was told they were too busy, and then waited up until 1:00am to call again and again was told they were too busy. I then called a Holiday Inn reservation desk (by this time a few days had passed and I had called the hotel approximately 10 times and was continuously treated very badly). The reservation desk was willing to help but had no access to the records of my stay. They gave me a number for guest services. I called that number which is answered with a message that a representative will be with me shortly. I was on hold 2 hours before I hung up. I called the reservation desk again and this time they connected me, but, again I hung up after 1.5 hours. I called the hotel again at 1:00am and was told they didn't have time to speak to me about this and I replied, "Do I have to get an attorney to get my money back?" The desk clerk nastily replied, "You do what you have to honey." I can confirm that I was not in the least rude to these people so there was no need for this rudeness. My corporate office also called and was treated very rudely. It took me a month to get my money back and to this day the hotel has never taken any responsibility or even apologized, nor did they refund my bounced check fees.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
FOMHIXS, Asst General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Kim R.,We certainly apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. The Holiday Inn Express Southside, delivers customer service and aims high to accommodate our guests needs and requests. So, we encourage you to try our facility again. Our hotel believes we are an All star Team. Again,we apologize that we were not successful in providing a positive experience for you and your friends.
At times we receive comments that are both positive and negative.
In customer service, you learn from the feedback.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great location, great room, and great staff. I would definitely return. The shuttle service is wonderful. The room was clean, spacious, and everything you need for a comfortable stay. The breakfast was good, and the cookies and coffee upon checkin are a delightful added touch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side? Share your experiences!