I was very pleased with our stay at the Holiday Inn. We make biweekly trips to Pittsburgh Children's Hospital. We've stayed at 4 different area hotels and we've decided this will be the one we choose for future visits.
The front desk staff was extremely friendly at check in and check out(both were named John). They gave us suggestions for eating and told us about the complimentary shuttle service to local sights. The "welcome" cookies are delicious.
Our room was just around the corner from the lobby. We heard no noise and had a great night's sleep. Because of our daughter's health, I almost didn't consider this hotel after reading reviews mentioning smoke. We didn't even smell a hint of smoke during our stay.
The room was clean and very spacious. I always wipe down all of the hard surfaces when we enter a hotel room. We've stayed at hotels costing MUCH more, and I can say this hotel was cleaner than most of them. The bathroom was nice with lots of counter space and great water pressure.
The pool was a little chilly, but the hot tub was great.
The smiles and great attitudes of John and John were nice during a difficult time. We will definately return to this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side Hotel Pittsburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side Hotel
- Holiday Inn Pittsburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Pittsburgh is conveniently located in Pittsburgh's historic South Side, well known for its famous Carson Street Nightlife. We are just a few blocks' walk to such great eateries as Mallorca, Pramanti Brothers, Carson City Saloon & the Cheesecake Factory. Shopping is also just a short walk away with something for everyone at South Side Works or Station Square and many others. During your stay at the Holiday Inn Express hotel take in a game at Heinz Field, home of the Steelers, PNC Park, home of the Pirates or Concol Energy Center, home of the Penguins. For our corporate guests we are located just a shuttle ride away from such companies as US Steel, Finmeccanica Spa, PPG Place, the FBI building, Dynavox and General Dynamics. We also offer an on site restaurant & lounge open until 10pm, Bridge Ten Brassiere. Visit Pittsburgh & Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Pittsburgh! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh South Side reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.