I always say that Ive never had a bad experience at a Marriott, but unfortunately my experience at this particular Marriott Courtyard hotel wasnt that great. The front desk clerk barely raised his head to greet me when I checked in and when I checked out the experience wasnt much different. The valet parking of 18.00 a day was ridiculous, particulary since they have a parking lot and my car sat a stones throw from the front door. They didnt have a bartender for their lounge so they pulled a girl from another hotel who had never bartended. I had to tell her how to make a simple gin martini. They also didnt have any clean glasses so she tried making my drink in a little orange juice glass. At least she was very friendly and openly admitted to the issues. The following night I ordered the same drink, this bartender had to look at a sheet to make my drink and he charged twice as much as I paid the night before. The resteraunt wasnt really a restaraunt at all. Its part of the lobby and the service was terrible. I felt bad for the server because she had a large party of rude people to deal with. But aside from that party, I was the only person there including my guest. She admitted that the wine list was old so they didnt have the selections that I made and when she brought the bottle to the table, she didnt pour it. I said thank you and her response was "yeah". When she finally brought my $90 check, she advised me to hand her my credit card because it would probably be another "ten years" before she made it back. The room was very tiny, but it looked okay. The AC unit in the room was so loud it kept me from sleeping and the bed was extremely uncomfortable. I was suprised because I usually find the beds and the rooms very nice and comfortable at other Marriott brand hotels. The hotel was really well kept and I enjoyed their little fenced in patio in the back of the hotel but they really need to improve their customer service and adjust their high prices accordingly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside is just steps from the shops of Shadyside and one mile from Oakland. Minutes from downtown Pittsburgh, the Courtyard Shadyside is close to the University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, UPMC Shadyside, Hillman Cancer Center, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, CONSOL Energy Center, and the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium. The Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside thoughtfully appointed guest rooms offer you a perfect place to work, relax, and recharge. Enjoy our fresh, plush bedding, modern and flexible spaces and well lit work space with free Wi-Fi at this Pittsburgh Shadyside hotel. Enjoy breakfast or a full dinner in The Bistro Restaurant. Relax in our indoor pool, fitness center or lounge. Valet Parking Fee on property is $17.88/Day. The perfect choice among Pittsburgh hotels, the Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside looks forward to exceeding your expectations! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Marriott and Priceline so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh Shadyside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Pittsburgh Shadyside Hotel Pittsburgh
- Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside
- Pittsburgh Courtyard
- Pittsburgh Marriott