“Enjoyable / Clean rooms/reasonable rates/ good brakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #41 of 56 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Garland, Texas
“Enjoyable / Clean rooms/reasonable rates/ good brakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Another nice Hotel and Staff checked in at 8:00 a.m. and they immediately cleaned a room for me Fast waited only about 30 minutes!Javed the Manager at Front Desk was super!! Also Dorry in the Breakfast area was fantastic she actually helped me by offering to do my pancakes you know us guy's have difficulties!! And Jatin and Niala in Housekeeping were great as well! My stay has started like a dream!! Great Hotel!!

Room Tip: Make sure and get that coupon at the Rest Area!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Noah W, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Pittsburgh / Steubenville Pike, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you for sharing your recent experiences at the Comfort Inn Pittsburgh Airport. Your willingness to share your thoughts on Trip advisor is greatly appreciated.
Our staff takes great pride in providing our friends with a memorable stay; I took the liberty of sharing your satisfaction for the cleanliness of our rooms with our cleaning staff, and I am sincere when I say their faces were glowing! Our Breakfast Attendant, Dorry was especially happy with your feedback.
Your comments are important to the success of our hotel, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Please feel free to contact me directly at 412.922.7555. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Noah W.
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
McConnelsville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Getting in and out is not an easy task because of strip in middle of the road. Room #306 is so noisy because of everyone water pressure is heard running in your room. The heater makes strange noises . The staff is very nice and rooms are clean if your looking for a place to lay your head.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Please allow me to apologize on behalf of the entire staff at the Comfort Inn Pittsburgh Airport for the issues you experienced during your recent stay.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback, as we rely on our guest’s experiences to continue to improve those issues that need addressed.

Please be assured that the issues you’ve raised have been addressed, and appropriate action has been taken.

1. I have contacted our plumbing company in an effort to review possible pipe insulation alternatives.
2. Maintenance has fixed each Jacuzzi tub, and I have instituted a new preventative maintenance program.
3. I have consulted with each Front Desk Associate and have advised them to be more diligent when it comes to guest concerns and to contact me immediately when a guest makes a request of aforementioned nature.

Please feel free to contact me directly at 412.922.7555 if you should have any further needs or questions.

Noah W.
GM
Lanse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

This hotel was clean, and very quiet. Check in and out was very quick. We had a whirlpool room on the first floor, room 104 and it was the nicest room I think we had ever stayed at. Very good restaurants right down the road. The staff was VERY nice and courteous. Not over bearing at all. I would definately stay there again and recommend it to anyone not wanting to stay right in the city. By taxi, the stadiums and the casino were only a 10-15 min drive(traffic pending). The continental breakfast area is a little small, but definately nice. I am giving this hotel 5 stars!!!

Room Tip: If your not a smoker, definately stay away from the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
LAKEWOOD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Stayed only 1 night to go to a Pirates game. This hotel is well out of the city (about 8 miles). Doesn't sound like much, but try getting a taxi or getting into the city through the tunnel in time for a game! The desk clerk gave us a number for a taxi that she had also given to other guests so of course, things got screwed up and we had no taxi. Got one ourselves, cheaper than the quote from the one from the desk clerk and also much faster. She had warned us against Yellow Taxi. That's who we took and it was fine. The room itself was your usual low to middle of the road room. Breakfast was fine. All staff, except that first desk clerk, were very nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We need a hotel room just for the night to see a concert..We got a place with dirty sheets, a big yellow spot in the center and hair on the bed. We called the front desk, they called back and told us we could change our own sheets because they had no house keeping, I said give me my money back, so instead they gave us a new room. I was so grossed out from the first, that I didn't want to touch anything. The second room the toilet didn't work. We left for the concert, then we slept there for the night used the public restroom there. Told them the toilet was broken, and the man at the front desk said well maybe it needs a plunger.."Would you also like for me to plunge the toilet"...We needed a room because the town was sold out for the concert. I will never stay at a comfort inn ever again after that. It just wasn't clean, and the man was very rude at the front desk!

Room Tip: Book a month in advance for big attractions, we got screwed waiting till the last minute.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had and I travel quite often and everywhere. Pillows were small and uncomfortable. Pipes in room were so loud it was as if next door neighbors were showering in the living area of our room.

Worker entered room without knocking and ignored do not disturb sign
when we complained at check out the front desk attendant verbally attacked us and accused us of signing out of room ( I have not even heard of the practice) We asked to see sign out sheet and they had forged my signature, an illegal practice to protect his fellow employee. Unsafe, Unclean and Unreasonable is no way to run a hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Well, my family and I stayed at this Comfort Inn three days/nights in July and had concerns about the overall security. First of all, the stairwell door that opens to the parking lot was OPEN each day that we returned to hotel….twice in the afternoon and twice in the evening. Secondly, our room door was left WIDE OPEN when we returned around 11pm on the last evening of our stay. The man at the front desk said that housekeeping likely left of room door open and simply forgot to shut it when finished. He asked me to call down to the front desk if anything was missing or seems “out of place”, but didn’t offer to come up to our floor to inspect the room. I don’t know about the other rooms, but our room door does not automatically close. I also stated my concern about the “frequently open” stairwell door that opens to the side parking lot and he suggested that guests likely open the door and forget to shut it. I informed him that the door closing device was broken and the door does not automatically close. Again, it seems strange that the hotel staff does not walk through to ensure that the hotel is secure and/or notice the often opened side door. In the end nothing was taken from our room, but we all had difficulty getting to sleep on that last night. I’ll give two stars simply because the room was clean and the décor was nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn - Pittsburgh / Steubenville Pike? Share your experiences!