“Great travel experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Korean
Cambridge Springs, Pennsylvania
“Great travel experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Never had authentic Korean food before. We let our waitress be our guide and loved it. Take your taste buds on a tour!

Visited September 2012

Pittsburgh
“Great Korean in Pittsburgh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We found this restaurant by accident returning from Pittsburgh airport.
We enjoy Korean food and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of this restaurant. All the traditional Korean sides were very fresh and tasty. The bulgogi and the dumpling soup were delicious. Staff was friendly and attentive. A wonderful choice when going to or returning from the airport.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
USA
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The food was authentic and the service good. The sweet potato appetizer was very tasty. Some of the side dishes were too hard and chunky for our taste. Both main dishes were tender and full of flavor - chicken dolsot bibimbap and BBQ beef bulgogi. However, they charged more for one entree than the posted price and when asked, ignored us. Clean and modern with limited atmosphere, it is good for casual dining but not a romantic date.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“100% Authentic Korean Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

A few years ago, I worked as an English teacher near Seoul, South Korea. I can say without hesitation that Dasonii is completely authentic, delicious Korean food.

Dasonii is located in a strip mall not far from the Mall at Robinson, so it's easy to get to and close to a lot of other things. Don't be fooled by the location, as it's totally safe and a bit misleading. It is easy to miss, since they don't have much of a sign.

I've eaten there dozens of times in the past 2 years and their service has always been good. Sometimes it's a little slow, but the waitresses are friendly and work hard. It's actually a fairly large restaurant, with maybe 20 tables and a bar. I've never seen it very busy, except at lunch.

The food is absolutely amazing. It immediately takes me back to my time in Korea. The kimchi, sushi, and entrees are all great and very filling. I usually order the Kimchi Stew or Pork Kimchi for an entree.

If you want to see what true Korean food is like, give it a shot! I'll definitely be back!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Korean food in Robinson!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've been meaning to write up a review here on this place. I've been on a quest for Korean food since moving to Pittsburgh. I think I've found my place!

I've been here for lunch a couple of times and then for dinner tonight. All 3 times have been spot on with the food - service is a little unpredictable but I'll still give them 5 stars!

Here's what I've had so far:
- kalbi (beef short ribs) lunch
- bulgogi lunch
- bulgogi dinner
- Philadelphia roll
- shrimp tempura roll
- California roll

The lunch is by far a much better deal. You get a miso soup, salad, dumplings and 4 pieces of California roll with your entree. The kalbi is so delicious.

The dinner portion of bulgogi ($16) tonight was huge and delicious. Plus, a whopping 5 side dishes. I gobbled up the rice and kimchi - I asked for seconds of both and there was still a few bites of bulgogi leftover.

Sushi was OK - not their strongest item here but it's always great going to a Korean place that has some additional options. The rest of my family doesn't enjoy Korean cuisine but sushi suits them just fine. We all win at Dasonii.

• Visited December 2012