“disappointing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Stagioni

Stagioni
2104 E Carson St Pittsburgh, PA 15224, Pittsburgh, PA 15224 (Southside Flats)
Website
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
pittsburgh
“disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This restaurant was supposed to be 5 star but it's more like 3. You must order everything separate which I hate but thought the portions would large enough to share, they weren't. I got the scallops which were excellent but you only got 4, it was served over a bed of hash brown's and corn which a thought a little strange. My husband got a pasta dish which was not very large and the pasta was very doughy he did not enjoy it at all. I usually don't order dessert but I was still hungry so I had the Italian pound cake with marscapone cheese and berries, the cake was dry so the cheese and berries made it enjoyable. The atmosphere was very nice and the wait staff was good but I found nothing exceptional, for the price I expected much more. Our total bill with tip (which was included) came to $106 for 2, I thought that was very high. The portion sizes were very small and the food was just OK. I don't think we will be going again anytime soon, sorry to say, I was so looking forward to trying this place.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Erie, Pennsylvania
“little and lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Such a great place to eat. Have been here twice and both meals have been amazing. Priced great, with the offering of half plates. Would definitely recommend starting the meal off with their fresh made mozzerella appetizer, so good! and their gnocchi's are so light and fluffy, the best I've ever had. Make sure to make a reservation, as it is not a large restaurant. And being in south side makes it a great start to a night out.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We had a limited time in Pittsburgh and wanted to see as many neighborhoods as possible. I had printed a list of the top 25 restaurants in Pittsburgh and this was listed. We were told South Side could get a little crazy with the bars but this place is a gem! We did not have reservations on a Saturday but they fit us in which was nice. We shared the flatbread appetizer and two small plates, the cavatelli and the gnocchi. All were excellent, flavors were fresh, simple and perfect! Cute small space with a view of the happenings outside! I can see why it is on the list!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

A small restaurant in the heart of Bloomfield is now one of my favorites of the city. We were treated with first class service from the staff who all seemed to look after everyone. This was BYOB with only a $2.00 stem charge per person. Tables are close but the place was lively and noisy so you didn't feel like someone could hear your conversation. The food we had that night was swordfish and a scallop dish. Both fantastic, but the best part of dinner were the two appetizers. We had the beans and greens and the homemade mozzarella with roasted red peppers. Very good. Looking forward to going again and trying the desserts.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice Restaurant in Little Italy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

My wife and I recently dined in Stagioni, a small Italian restaurant in the Bloomfield section of Pittsburgh. We've been twice now.

Service: the staff here greet you promptly, and are very courteous. The staff meet your needs as a diner is a very timely manner. Excellent overall.

Food: The made to order mozzarella is second to none, while our fig appetizer was good. Our pasta course of sausage and homemade gnocchi is perfectly executed. My entree of seared scallops was interesting, the scallops were cooked very well, but the pairing with apples was odd. My wife's duck breast was good, although the skin was somewhat chewy. Previously, we had gotten fish that was undercooked, but the chef gave us another fish dish with compliments, which was a good touch.

Value: You bring your own wine, and the appetizers, entrees, and desserts are very fairly priced with very generous portions. Dinner for 2 was about $80 including 2 appetizers, 1 pasta course, 2 entrees, and 1 dessert. Very good value.

Atmosphere: The dining room is small and compact. The walls are a little bare, and the room can get noisy as the tables are close together, so sometimes it's hard to hear the people at your table as they are talking to you.

Overall, a very nice restaurant in Pittsburgh's Little Italy using locally sourced ingredients wiht good value. Will go again.

• Visited November 2011