“Anything but meat and potato's. A+++ Awesome but RSVP!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Meat & Potatoes

Meat & Potatoes
649 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 (Downtown)
(412) 325-7007
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Meat & Potatoes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 1,874 restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th Street
Transit: Being a downtown Pittsburgh location, there are many options and we recommend going to the Port Authority website for schedules, rates and general information.
Description: Meat & Potatoes is a place with a warm, inviting pub atmosphere that serves sophisticated, yet unpretentious food. An extensive, and creative, cocktail, beer and wine list is an integral part of what we do at our wonderful establishment. Come visit a place where the locals dine!
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
“Anything but meat and potato's. A+++ Awesome but RSVP!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Amazing food, innovative cocktails, great space in the midst of the Cultural District. My wife had the duck and I had the salmon. My fish was savory, sweet, and the duck came with amazing perogi's as well. We did not have reservations but the concierge at the Renaissance suggested we could sit at the bar quite easily 715-8pm when it clears out a bit for the start of the plays in the various theaters in the area. We did just that and had a great time. My salmon was unlike I have ever had before, the skin was perhaps fried separately and set atop, so crisp.... We will for sure be coming back to this great spot. Did I mention the sound system? Very nice. Its up scale but not too too pricey. Our entrees were 17-19$, 3 cocktails @ 10$ and the tab was about 80$

• Visited December 2012

81% Recommend
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very good, didn't disappoint for sure! Would go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Went for lunch on a Wednesday afternoon. They were very busy and service didn't falter. Everyone loved what was ordered and we definitely shared bites of each others plates! Gotta get the fried pickles, they were perfect in every way. Our meat and potato palates were extremely satisfied. I'm sure the whole menu is good and the prices were right in line with other downtown lunch prices for quality and style of food.

• Visited December 2012
PirateJen123
“Probably the best food I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I'm very hard to please with food and this place was amazing! Firstly, we got there very close to when the kitchen closed and I was a bit skeptical that we would get good food. However, they insured us it wasn't a problem and they stay open until the crowd leaves.
We ordered many appitizers (group of 6), and then ordered meals. Every appitizer was AMAZING! Fried brussel sprouts, cheese plate, french fries, toast with goat butter & jam... all so good.
Our meals came out and everyone was raving about them. I got a salad because I was sure I'd fill up on the apps, and event he salad was delicious.
Overall I'm super pleased and would recommend to anyone staying near-by!!

Visited December 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We both loved it! My friend and I went to dinner before seeing a show downtown. We got fried pickles to start then the duck breast and the agnolotti pasta. All 3 were just delicious, the duck was fabulous. Service was fast, friendly, and efficient. The atmosphere was fun, and I am going to bring my parents here next weekend when they come to town. I would suggest making a reservation before you eat here.

• Visited November 2012
chagrin falls
“Earns its moniker”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Picked this spot b/c close to our show (Benedum theater - one block away). Arrived at reservation time (5.30) and seated promptly by friendly hostess (unlike previous reviews -we have no complaints here). Our server came to table within minutes and asked if we were going to show so he could note for kitchen. We enjoyed our leisurely meal and did not feel rushed. Nice selection of unusual cocktails. I ordered the Moscow mule - which was near perfect (served in copper cup) with the exception that there was so much ice, it was a little difficult to drink. Good selection of 5 draft beers - my hub opted for an IPA and was disappointed when it came in a can - warm. From menu, looks like all beers in "tin" or draft - no bottles. For rest of meal. He ordered seasonal drafts. No bread - even to order al carte. Missed that. Each got pig ear salad. Very unusual ($10) and tasty. Split "meat & potatoes" for 2. ($55). Well marbled ribeye -served on wood platter- with roasted rosemary potatoes and marrow gratin. Very satisfying. Cool gastropub atmosphere. Entrees, flatbreads, burgs - varied selection. Would recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere