“First Class Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“First Class Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

It was really more of an impulse that we decided to dine in this restaurant. We wanted something close to our hotel and this steakhouse was within walking distance. We were very under dressed for this restaurant yet we were treated like royalty. I really applaud them for that. We scored free appetizers which consisted of shrimp and scallops. My sister has a seafood allergy so when they noticed that she wasn't eating, they immediately brought a different appetizer for her.
The wait staff was very knowledgeable about their steak and they provided good advice as far as choices. They also had a good selection of seafood as well. My sister and I shared the wagyu style long bone rib eye and it was fantastic.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, PA
“Better places in the burgh for steak”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

A recent visit led us to a 4-top table for two of us that was smack in the middle of a busy dining room, with waiters constantly running around us. The food is just ok, which is NOT ok, given the seriously high prices. Meat was average, but prepared exactly as requested. The sides - typical, overpriced high-end steak house veggies- were not that good. That said, I get that this place is near the stadiums and will always provide a higher end option for people to dine in that area. However, don't confuse elegant fine dining with high prices - lots of people there in jeans and polo shirts on a Saturday night. And this was not during football or baseball season.
I suggest Ruth's Chris if you want to spend this much on a steak and sides in Pittsburgh and have a more refined experience.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh
“"Outstanding!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Make no mistake, Hyde Park is a high end restaurant. It's not the place to go if you're trying to pinch a few pennies. But if you are looking for a high quality steakhouse (and seafood too!), Hyde Park won't disappoint. They offer a wide array of steaks and preparations, named for local sports celebs. The "Hines Ward" filet was superb - peppered, with roasted garlic and done exactly to specification! The sides are ala carte, with ample portions for sharing (be careful; one for each at the table might be too much, especially if you have had a salad or appetizer!). The setting is very nice; classic wood paneling, but not over the top. The wine and drink selection is quite nice, offering a wide range of very good wines across most price points. The staff is very welcoming and helpful and joined on on some of the fun of the evening (pictures; stories; short videos). Nice touch with the valet parking. Also, a quick tip - if you like a great Caprese salad, it's on the bar versus dinner menu. Just ask and they'll serve it with a smile! If you're in the area; if you're looking for a really good steak and great dining experience - Hyde Park will deliver!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orange, California
“Wow is all I can say.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

It's is your high end, all al a carte steakhouse. Delicious aged steaks and fresh seafood, but it's expensive, expensive, expensive. It's well worth it for a business meal or special occasion...absolutely excellent service and food....but it's expensive. A must eat if you're in town on business and the company is paying for it. Try the lobster Mac and cheese and the sea bass....the desert cakes stand 10 inches tall and are wonderful.

Washington, Pennsylvania
“Avoid this place.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was with a group of friends and looking forward to dinner there as it was the only 'steakhouse" in the area I had not eaten at. The filet I ihad was the worst I have ever had. It arrived luke warm and raw. Three of us sent back because of the same problem. When it was recooked I found it to be tough and fatty. A very poor quality filet. The outside was gray and not charred. Two of our group ordered Brussel sprouts that were under cooked and hard. However the worst part of the experience was when I complained I did hear from the company but they have not followed through to make "make things right" by sending me a comp to give them another chance. I am still waiting on it. I should have known better A Cleveland joint near Hienz field. Trying to get us "Burg" customers. I had the Rooney steak. What an insult that steak was to such fine people.

• Visited January 2013