“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Lovely refurbished old hotel. Staff were friendly.

Clean and comfortable, very large room. Lovely view of the water.

The restaurant was better than your average hotel fare.

We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

We had a great stay at the Pittsburgh Renassance, the room was so much more then what we
expected. Plus I must compliment the wonderful daylight barmaid at the Bradack bar, Rene'e
was so helpful on suggestions we're to go and enjoy our stay in the city. Her service and drinks
were the best we received on our stay, anywhere we went. Thank you Rene'e. You made us
feel so welcome to this great city and hotel.
Joe & Judie Barry

Room Tip: Room 410 has an ellecent view of the river and the north shore.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

What a wonderful hotel in the cultural district of Pittsburgh. Harkens back to what hotels and service used to be. Very comfortable bed, and everything smelled so clean! Excellent place to stay when attending a concert, theater or in our case a Penguins game. Everyone was very attentive to our needs, even jumping off of a ladder to open the door. Had drinks in the hotel bar after the game, just a great time all around. Plan to do this again!!!

KNOXVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Everyone was very nice and helpful. Check-in was fast. The employees were all friendly. Everyone greeted us and opened the doors for us. They called cabs for us and even let us print something off on their printer. You can't beat the location. It is with in walking distance to everything. The only downfall was the view. There was no view from our room 418. We could only see the rooms across from us :( Other people had great views but I think it is more expensive. I highly recommend this hotel. It is expensive but the location is worth it.

Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My husband and I traveled up from NC to PA for the Steelers game this past weekend and we were super excited since this was a wedding present to both of us. When we first arrived it was somewhat raining/snowing and my husband pulled up to the curb and I got out to ask the doorman where we could park and he completely ignored me and walked right passed me to get someone a taxi, which the taxi had already stopped and the people were already getting into. My husband had to roll down the window and stop the guy while I was standing in the raining weather to ask him where we could park for the hotel parking. He just pointed. That was the first experience.
Second experience was the check-in. The lady who checked us in was nice, however, when she said "Our room was ready and would I like to add my husband Mark's name to the room", my husband looked at me and said "who's Mark?" I don't know where the lady got that name from, but I said" I don't know who Mark is my husband's name is Chris". Bad move lady for any couple. Third, I was standing in line to check-out and my husband went off to load the luggage in the car. I was really upset with the checkout because the lady said "Can I help you guys" "How was you guys stay" "Do you guys need help with luggage" I don't mind the word "guys," but I was the only one that walked up to the counter and was talking to her and she kept looking off at someone else while she was speaking to me not even giving any eye contact. I look behind me and it was an old man standing and waiting for the next person. She kept looking at him and when I would answer her questions I would have to repeat myself twice because she wasn't paying attention. Poor service from entry, check-in and check-out. Great location for the game, but service, not politeness needs work! Staying there I felt like a room number, not a guest and I am also a Marriott Rewards Member.

Aarau, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed one night for a Steelers game. Heinz field is in walking distance.

Staff seemed to be overwhelmed with masses of Steelers fans checking in at the same time. Overqll great stay in a clean room with free wifi.

Recommand it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I recently stayed at this hotel during a "sports weekend" in Pittsburgh. The hotel is perectly located. It is just across the river from the ball park and two subways stops to both Heinze Field and Consol Energy Center. You could walk to the stadium but the weather was poor so we chose the train. The hotel is two blocks from the train station.

The hotel is an older grand hotel and is very nice. The rooms are small but finished nicely and service is excellent. It is a bit pricey if you boom directly. I booked through Priceline and thought the value was excellent.

There is not a lot of nightlife in the immediate area. There is a good sportsbar called Red Beards across the street and it is a $7 taxi ride to South Side bar strip.

Great hotel that I would definitley recommend.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel? Share your experiences!