“Awesome Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Awesome Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

This hotel is great. I stayed one night on business. I am a Gold member and received an upgrade for a large spacious room over looking the river and PNC park - wonderful view. The room was immaculate with great decor and updated bathroom. Bed was very comfortable and had restful sleep. Morning room service was on time and delicious. Staff were friendly and courteous. Lobby area was fantastic. I will stay again!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

If you are looking for the best in customer service, look no further than the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel. My wife and I stayed at the hotel this past weekend and were treated to a wonderful experience. From the time we were greeted by the valet to the time our car was delivered to us at the end of our stay, everything was top notch. The room was spotless and well appointed with any amenity needed. The staff was friendly and seemed to want to do anything to help. We met a new employee on his first day of work. I assume his job was to hold the front door open and greet everyone. He could have just propped the door, but no, he held it open for everyone and had a nice thing to say to all. The breakfast buffet was the best, fresh fruit, blintzes (my fav) made to order omelets and waffles and courteous wait staff.

I could go on for a long time. To sum it up, sometimes hotels charge a higher rate and don't deliver. The Renaissance Pittsburgh delivered to goods.

Great staff, clean rooms, great food, superior service. Say no more!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Me and my fiance stayed at this hotel for one night while we were in town for a wedding. The hotel is nice. The only complaint that I had was the room was tiny, which isn't a big deal if you don't spend much time in the room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My family and I had an awesome stay at this hotel. The front desk was very nice and the room was spotless. When we were checking out we encountered Brendon who helped my wife and kids with their bags and was so friendly. He went out of the way to end our trip on a great note.

we would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Wyoming, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were recently in town for just one night, and this was a great find. Don't worry about valet service, I parked right across the street in a city parking garage for $5! The area is bustling and nice, and at no point did we feel unsafe walking around at night. Lots of cool bars and theaters to choose from within walking distance. The rooms themselves are gorgeous, and the staff was very helpful and friendly. When I was confused about a restaurant we'd made reservations for, the doorman talked me out of getting a costly cab and explained exactly where it was by walking. Would definitely stay here again if I was going to a ball game too, seeing as the Pirate's stadium is right over the bridge. Only complaint is that the view from our room was that of a neighboring building's wall.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I wanted to stay downtown and saw the reviews here on Trip Advisor and got a good deal online to go here.

I had a big room with a view of the river and baseball stadium.

The room really lacked power outlets, but this is an old building which has probably been renovated countless times, but there's not a lot you can do to add electrical. I even found one of the lamps unplugged, no doubt because a previous visitor wanted to charge his phone at his bedside.

The biggest issue I faced was the loud banging of doors. Because of the way the room is configured, you walk right into the room, instead of going down a hallway. So the bed was right next to the outside wall of the hallway and whenever anyone left their room their door would slam shut and I'd hear it. I suppose they'd hear my door slamming shut too!

I tried room service and that was pretty prompt but pricey.

The lobby had some historic touches, but it was kind of dark and dreary for me. Again, I don't know how they can fix that and it's probably something most folks wouldn't worry about anyway.

I would NOT pay 250 or 300 for this hotel so make sure you check online and get some sort of discount.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is a nice hotel. The rooms are comfortable and clean. I especially appreciate the quality of the beds, which are much better than most hotels. Service is friendly and welcoming. The on site restaurant turns out good food for room service or sit down dining. Some of the rooms have good views over the river.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel? Share your experiences!