“Burgatory rocks!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Burgatory rocks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Had the elk burger and truffled gorgonzolla frites. Kids loved the Nutella crunch milkshake. 1 shake is enough for 2 maybe 3 kids. Everything was delicious. If u never been here recommended doing your own creation burger and not ordering from the menu. Burgatory is on the no wait app so recommend getting in line at the convenience from your mobile device then they text u when table is ready.

“Awesome burgers and more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Beer selection here is great, with very knowledgeable bartenders. Selection varies each time. Burgers are delicious and customizable. So many different ways to get a delightfully juicy and decadent burger--husband loves getting the farmer brown off the menu while I prefer to mix and match for a new burger each time. And to top it off, an adult milkshake! These shakes are monster sized, and can easily be split four ways--and should be because after the food, the shakes are likely to give you a serious case of food coma.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best burger in the burgh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The burgers and shakes are the best. The only downside: the wait for a table. Excellent service, yummy food and fun atmosphere!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
“Crab Sandwich is awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is got to be the best crab sandwich I have ever had, Full of crab meat and very tasty. Good fresh warm chips.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Itasca, Illinois
“Warning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

If you have food allergies please beware. I just got home from Burgatory with a group of 20 from work. What happened was I told the waitress I couldn’t have onions or garlic before I ordered my meal. She told me she would make sure my food didn’t have either. She was very nice and seemed genuinely concerned. She assured me that Burgatory was very careful and took great care with customers that have food allergies. When my burger came it looked great! A big fat juicy hamburger, I couldn’t wait to dig in! out of habit because of my alergies I checked under the hood and saw an odd colored sauce so before I started my feast I decided to play it safe and ask the waitress what was in the sauce. She didn’t know but said she would go check. She came back very quickly especially considering the huge crowd. She told me that “They won’t re-make it but they will take off the sauce for you.” The burger was drenched in the sauce. With my experience in the food industry and frankly just using common sense there would be no way to remove the sauce from not only the bread but from that huge juicy hamburger. The sauce was already soaked into the meat. Regardless the standard operating procedure in this situation is to simply apologize and re-make the item as quickly as possible and hope the customer is happy. I merely said that’s ok never mind. It’s my personal policy to never return food for whatever reason particularly when they are very busy. It seems though that when you are very busy there isn’t as much emphasis put on customer satisfaction at least at Burgatory. Needless to say I won’t be returning to Burgatory anytime soon. It’s really unfortunate since I’ve heard such great things about it and I had such high hopes. I'm just thankful I decided to double check first before I bit into my burger! If you must go to Burgatory and you have a food allergy please check your food.

Visited April 2014