“Wow burgers!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
No. VA
“Wow burgers!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Incredible burgers with several unique plates or a build your own set up. We all loved our burgers, I had a chicken burger with my own choices of toppings. My two sons enjoyed bison burgers with their choice of toppings. My husband went with a Burgatory creation and said it was fantastic. This restaurant also features a creative selection of milkshakes both with and without booze. We all loved the build your own feature. Highly recommend!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Columbus, Ohio
“Almost There”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I am a burger fanatic, so when a client recommend this restaurant, I had to go. I really liked their check in procedure. The only issue is that in the restaurant I had no signal on my phone, so I couldn't get the text that the table was ready.

Before sitting, we waited at the bar. The bar staff was very friendly and helpful with selections.

Once seated, the server was polite, prompt, and did a great job explaining the menu.

On to the food:

We got two appetizers and burgers. The frites were good, but I am a frites snob so they did not live up to my high expectations for frites.The second appetizer was the pork belly sliders. They tasted good, but I thought they had too much sauce and not enough pork belly.

I got the the Meat Your Maker. While it was a very good hamburger, I had the same issue with the burger that I had with the sliders. The sauce and crust were a little too overpowering for the meat and it overtook some of the richness of the beef.

Got a milkshake. It was good, but not as good as I thought it was going to be.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Follansbee
“Glad I don't depend on burgers to live”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband had wanted to try this place I'm not a big burger fan but I do love milkshakes and thought why not give it a try. But when you have to add a dollar for this a dollar for that you pay $8 for milkshake that you can get at McDonalds to taste just the same not worth it I'll go next door to chipolte

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
usa
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our first experience at Burgatory was a good one. Ordered from the custom burger menu and got beef burger with "angel dust" seasoning (garlic and salt), provolone cheese, and various toppings on a baguette roll. Ordered it medium well and it was perfectly cooked and VERY good. I wanted a regular chocolate shake which I did not see on the menu with all the fancy shakes... but the waitress told me of course I could have one. It was FABulous. Next time, I will not get the chips with burger, they were overdone and bland but the fries look amazing, so we'll try those. Seating is a bit cramped, but doable. It is kind of expensive but worth it for the good burgers and shakes. Yes, I can totally make as good or better at home, but sometimes you just want someone else to do it and they did it so well.

A real plus....while waiting for seating, you are encouraged to take a walk (we went to the bookstore) and they text you when to return (you get a 10 minute window). They also have an app that shows your place "in line" so we kept tabs on our position with our smart phone as we browsed and bought books! Very good idea that I have not seen used before.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Solid but expensive burger at Consol Energy Center”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Visited the Consol Energy Center location during the recent NCAA men's Frozen Four.

Burgatory was only serving their standard burger during the Frozen Four, as well as a couple shake options. Burger itself was fine, albeit lukewarm, since they were already made and hanging out under a heat lamp. Burger, fries and (excellent Campfire S'mores) shake was a ludicrous $27.50.

Overall, I could see how this chain might contend for best burger in The 'Burgh--if your sangwich was freshly made and the price more manageable. However, I don't think you'll find that at the Consol location.

• 4 of 5 stars Food