“Even the gift shop!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Senator John Heinz History Center

Senator John Heinz History Center
1212 Smallman St., Pittsburgh, PA 15222 (Strip District)
412-454-6000
Waldo, Maine
5 attraction reviews
“Even the gift shop!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

On a trip to Pittsburgh, we walked over the Heinz History Center. Now we did not actually go into the museum part as our teen-ager was not that enthused, nor was her father. So we ended up perusing the gift shop which was actually quite fun, plus was able to see and read a little of the Heinz history. Took some nice pictures of very large and very small ketchup bottles. Got a wonderful tee for my husband. Spent a very pleasant hour. I am sure that the museum itself is even more entertaining.

Visited June 2012

new jersey
10 attraction reviews
“Exceeded my expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Went to the museum to fill a couple of hours between college visits with my 17 year old son. We really enjoyed ourselves. They have a very nice exhibit about 1968, history, pop culture, fashion, politics everything. It was very well done and entertaining. We also enjoyed the 2nd floor exhibit on the history of Pittsburgh. Informative and well presented. Overall good trip and worth seeing.

Sala, Västmanlands Län, Sweden
11 attraction reviews
“1968 Exhibit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Went to the history center to see the new 1968 exhibit.

This is a fun date and also it was pretty interesting. The sports museum was very interesting. But, when I left the museum I was feeling a bit overloaded with information.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
32 attraction reviews
“What's not to love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Seriously. What's not to love about history? The Heinz History delivers in grand style. I go at least once a year, or whenever they have a new exhibit that interests me. The only thing I would caution you about is to make sure you set aside plenty of time. You'll need it. This place is fantastic!

Kittanning, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
“A good thing to do on Super Bowl Sunday when your team is not playing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The year 1968 was a great year despite all the tragic happenings. I didn't remember all the things that went on until I visited the Heinz History in the Strip for my birthday!