“50th Nursing School Reunion.” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 56 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“50th Nursing School Reunion.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I would like to thank Claudia Stierheim for quickly going to lost and found to retrieve my husband's Army hat which he left in the restaurant. She was at the front desk when I asked if a hat had been found, she immediately responded and said she thought she had seen a hat when she came to work. Thank You so much, Claudia.

Room Tip: Hotel was at capacity, with a lot of young people. Unfortunately they were not well behaved, sittin...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Harrisburg, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The night before our stay, as well as the night of our stay, the hotel was at maximum capacity which I felt was unfortunately blatantly obvious in the way the staff handled our stay. While several of the staff members were kind, I felt no one knew what they were doing and what they should say or do. Our room was not ready when we checked in even though we were told on the phone it would be. We had also requested adjoining rooms and were told the morning of the stay this would be no problem. While we did eventually end up with adjoining rooms, we were first given two separate rooms and asked to wait to see what could be done to fix this problem- with two small children who were past nap time and just looking to rest, this was no easy task. I was also disappointed in the comfort of the bed and its bedding.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am reviewing the breakfast restaurant service and food. I inquired about times for breakfast and lunch, and was told that breakfast was served until 11. I came downstairs at 10 AM. Very large space. Only 3 tables were occupied. Sign said "wait to be seated." I waited ... no one came. I sat myself. Finally my server appeared (Connie M.). Long story - I asked for coffee and water. Only got coffee (it was lukewarm and old). The buffet grill looked unattended, and it was. Cereal on counter, oatmeal super thick, potatoes indescribable. The grill was closed. My server said that they'd make me something in the "back." Two tables left, another was seated and my server was no where to be found. Waited and waited for my check. 10 AM should not be a slow time for hotel food. Service needs to be stepped up. 2 servers in the room and both were, what's the expression ... Slow as molasses - and lost!

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Stephanie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We’re very sorry your experience at our property wasn't up to our usual high standards. We've addressed the problems you mentioned with our breakfast staff. Thank you for alerting us to this issue, and we hope you’ll give us another chance to make it right.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We've stayed here twice now. It's been a great experience both times. It's a really great location if you want to stay juuuust outside of Pittsburgh, but still close enough to catch a cab or cheap shuttle (which is super easy!). The staff here is SO nice! They were very attentive and immediately available for everything we needed. We've had wonderful recommendations for dinner from everyone from the front desk (ask for Darby!) to the hotel bar for dinner anywhere locally to downtown! Parking is amazing, too.. My fiancé just bought a new car and is a little protective. He was able to basically park it outside our window on a night when there were literally five events happening. He couldn't have been happier. We'll stay here from now on!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience! I will be sure to recognize Darby and let her know of your appreciation. We will certainly look forward to your return.

Martinsburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The accommodations and amenities were great. The only problem our entire family had was with the mattress, incredibly too hard. No one got a good night sleep and following day was effected b y this. Overall, our entire trip to the Pittsburgh area was great.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephanie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Gerald,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. In an effort to provide EXCELLENT experiences to all of our guests, we are in the final phase of installing the Doubletree by Hilton Sweet Dreams bedding in to all of our guest rooms. We hope that you come back and see us in the future and are pleased with our improvements. Thank you for staying with us.

Warmest Regards,

Pittsburgh, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Overall, i was excited to have my stay since they were advertising that this hotel was newly renovated. When I was checking in - around 6pm, front desk staffs were NOT nice at all. Very informal and not professional. I asked for incidental charges and she acted as if I didn't know what it was. The only good thing was that they gave complimentary WIFI. When I entered the room, it smelled weird and they gave us a joint room with a guest from the wedding so it was loud all night. After 11pm, (after changing shift) I asked where i could purchase something (feminine product) quietly and she said "I can barely hear you" -- wasn't like "excuse me, could you repeat what you said please?". she did not try and help but instead told me to go check the bathroom. Overall stay was average and staffs performance was very poor and inconsiderate.

Dear Lauren,

We’re sorry we didn't provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel as your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity to make it right.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Clean, modern, and friendly large hotel. There's many options for food and the location is minutes from downtown Pittsburgh. This hotel recently went through a huge renovation. It is among the nicest in the area.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dave,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! We strive to create EXCELLENT experiences and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

stephanie.masullo@camhosp.com

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree? Share your experiences!